Regular oil or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regular oil or not

Does it matter if you oil cue much or can it dammage the cue? Should you oil every few months in that case? Cheers :-D

I was speaking to the guys at John Parris ques yesterday and they recommend to linseed oil every 2 months.

Comment

I use Raw Linseed Oil . Spoke to Robert Osborne and he uses Boiled Linseed Oil .

Hope this helps .

Sorry just re - read the post ! I clean with a cloth everytime i play and dependant on use every 4 months oil the cue .

Can ony enhance the wood and should not damage it at all .
      Last edited by Neil Taperell; 16 January 2011, 12:23 PM.
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

thanks for the advice ive got raw linseed oil so aslong as it dont damage the cue i will oil it every 3 or 4 months thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by centurysnooker View Post
          thanks for the advice ive got raw linseed oil so aslong as it dont damage the cue i will oil it every 3 or 4 months thanks
          I read on here a while back that 'over oiling' a cue can make the shaft look 'patchy'.

My JP has a really old ash look about it and has become naturally dark. I use raw linseed oil twice a year. The butt has rosewood splices, but these can fade in colour depending on how much I play. I use oil on the lower splices 4-5 times a year.

Boiled linseed is used by some people as it dries quicker. I prefer to use raw linseed oil and leave overnight.

Comment

With Raw or Boiled Linseed Oil do you guys Dilute it alittle or use it Straight out of the Bottle!!

Gaz.

Comment

I use raw linseed straight out the bottle

Comment

Working...
              X