Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking System In Local Club

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any ranking systems in their local clubs that are different to the pro's ranking system.

Is there any ranking system where points are calculated on how you perform against others in the ranking table as opposed to where you finish in tournaments.

Just looking to get some sort of system going in our club which players who maybe can't make it to many tournaments could still take part in.

Have a look at the so called ELO-System: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

This is a method where your ranking is based on the opponent's rankings/your score rather than your progress in a tourney. I would love to see that tried out in snooker.
    Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

Just read it there and it seems like it could be used or a customised version to suit snooker.

Comment

One of the Best is used in the Fylde League in Blackpool Lancs , area , it is based on a mathamatical formula . on frame scores .

An old team mate who sadly is no longer with us devised it, and im sure somebody who understands Maths who lives there could explain the formula

Comment

Thanks. I'll take a nosy on google for it. I've been trying to think of different approaches but can't come up with much. Can't really use points scored as most frames do not require all balls to be potted.

Frames would seem the best choice but how do you determine what each player starts with etc.

Comment

Thanks. I'll take a nosy on google for it. I've been trying to think of different approaches but can't come up with much. Can't really use points scored as most frames do not require all balls to be potted.

Frames would seem the best choice but how do you determine what each player starts with etc.

Comment

I have just created my own ranking system for a local club and was wondering if anyone thinks it may be feasible. I have it in an excel file and have attached it to this post. Tell me what you think and what changes you would make.

General Just Of It

Have a tournament with all your players and members to determine their starting position. Winner is top, runner-up 2nd, semi-finalists play off for 3-4th, quater finalists play of for 5-8th and so on.

Then take the number of players and divide by 7, e.g. 30 / 7 = 4 r2. This means groups of 4 with 2 players is the last white group. The groups are as follows from top to bottom; Black, Pink, Blue, Brown, Green, Yellow, Red, White.

Points are awarded to players depending on the colour group they are in and the colour group of their opponent. Points are worked out by looking up a table, one for points gained by the winner and the other table for points deducted by the loser.

What i would recommend is that player in a club play as many matches as they want against any opponent. They put the results in a box or book or something signed by both players. The table is updated on a weekly basis. It can lead to a final seeded tournament with a prize or something.

In the attached file, Columns A+B are the starting points after the initial knockout tournament. C-L is the points table for calculating points. N-Q is some sample matches and S+T is the new table after the scores have been entered.

I'm calling it the Anto Maxx Snooker Ranking System.
              Attached Files

Comment

No thoughts on the system from anyone??? Anyone interested in implementing it into their club. We are in the middle of getting a few changes made at our club and then we will probably give it a trial run after that.

Comment

Working...
                X