No announcement yet.

Professionalism needed?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I played John just before Christmas at Ripley, it was a longish game (about 2 hours for 3 frames I think) but funnily enough talking about snooker balls, it took us about half an hour to find a decent set in the club he plays for!

I'd been looking forward to that match as I first played him when I was about 18 in a Derbyshire competition at Alfreton and he beat me 2-0 aided by at least one 70-odd break I recall.

Then almost 30 years later I played him again for the first time since, it was a close match and went down to pink and black on the final frame but I just edged it 2-1. But he has been sweeping all before him in the league matches even at the the grand old age he is, and giving a handicap too. I think he told me on the phone he was actually 80 now.

I think I've played Sammy Jones a couple of times as he used to turn out in our league at one time for Matlock Conservative Club (I think he was a mate of one of their players), I remember beating him in a competition once but I think I was getting a 14 handicap from memory, was a very good player who didnt lose many.
    Last edited by pottingpinks; 15 January 2011, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X