Playing in Local semi-final.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing in Local semi-final.

Reet, the team i play for are playing in a Local knockout in the farnworth district, tonight we are entering the semi finals, its dresscode, AKA official referees.

Ive been told that the points for winning the matches do not count, only the aggregate at the end of the game, when all matches are played, counts.

Can anyone confirm this, and give me some hints or tips on what to do?
    The other team mates have said that its more of a safety game, so as not to lose by a big margin?

To me it just seems like a normal game, such as league game, just "play to win".

Do i need a different approach to this game?

Cheers!

we play this format in our league team k.o.too,my team has got to final last year&semis the previos 2 years,i would recommend playing your normal game,however if a lot in front(with the frame normally wrapped up)dont play a few "expansive" shots,really try to batter your opponent instead because the last 18-25 point of the frame could prove very important.
    H.b.142

Comment

Thanks, yeah, with the pink and black on the table there is a difference of 26 point in the aggregate. very important points.

Comment

We also play this format in our league team k.o

I would Say Take the Points and Run Rather than Play Dodgey Shots which will Cost you Double Really....As if Scores 20 thats 40 Points on Agg you lost really.

Take your time and Dont Play any Silly Shots even if you have Won the Frame.

Good Luck Tonight m8.

Comment

Well, anyway, we lost by about 40. I wasnt played. but oh well, its a team game! i turned up, showed my support, and we got to the the semi finals. Which im happy about

Bit unfortunate really cause the top end players of our team didnt seem to be performing as well as they can do.

Going into last game, we needed to win by about 70. He won the frame but we lost the game.

Oh well!!! NEXT SEASON!

Comment

Working...
          X