Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Debut Season

McGills debut season has been astonishing

at the very least 17 centuries some count other centuries and say 23 i can only ind 17 of them

upto 56 in the rankings already will go higher as hes qualified for german masters in the wildcard round

I know Ronnie O'Sullivan had a great first season which i think is on par but not many better
    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

I think Ronnie and Ding had their first ranking title in their first season. Ding also made lots of centuries in his first season, but how many ? But he had much fewer matches.
    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

He has certainly had a good one but it is hard to make a direct comparison really with all the PTC events now. Under the old system, getting into the top 64 with 6 events on was probably an even better achievement still.
      sigpic
      http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

O'Sullivan won a ranking title in is second season hes turned pro in 1992-93 and won the uk in 1993-94

Ding won The China Open first in 2005 he turned professional in the 2003-04 season

so whoever said they won ranking tournaments in their first season is wong but did win in their second

also the standard in 1992-93 wasnt the same as now only 2 people has a century of century in 1992 (David First in 1988-89 then hendr in 1990-91) now theres 37 including players who have never been in the top 16 like pinches/bingham/Dale/Hull/Hicks
        Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Alexa, you seem infatuated with the century of centuries idea.

Ronnie went an incredible number of matches undefeated in his first professional season. I am sure TS will give us the exact figure.

Comment

Originally Posted by rambon View Post
            Alexa, you seem infatuated with the century of centuries idea.

Ronnie went an incredible number of matches undefeated in his first professional season. I am sure TS will give us the exact figure.
            i thnk he won something like 37 of his first 40 matches which is an amazing figure.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Definately Terry Griffiths, a World Title in your debut season is pretty tough to top.

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
                O'Sullivan won a ranking title in is second season hes turned pro in 1992-93 and won the uk in 1993-94

Ding won The China Open first in 2005 he turned professional in the 2003-04 season

so whoever said they won ranking tournaments in their first season is wong but did win in their second

also the standard in 1992-93 wasnt the same as now only 2 people has a century of century in 1992 (David First in 1988-89 then hendr in 1990-91) now theres 37 including players who have never been in the top 16 like pinches/bingham/Dale/Hull/Hicks
                Tables certainly was different as well plus the attacking game had just been invented.

I think the PTC has done a lot of good to the youngsters as they gets match practice, instead of playing every second month and maybe running into a tough journeyman if they qualifies. Now they have the chance to get up against the top 16 players and if they have a lucky draw in the PTC maybe also getting to the business end of the tournaments. Anyway he has made a fine result so far, but we have to wait till the end of the season to see how good a result he actually came up with, as there is still many points at stake. A first round exit at the WC and the china qualification could still send him out of top 64.
                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                X