How can that be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can that be?

Ive been watching the Masters Tournament on TV. A few times Ive seen shots that would never have gone in in my local club! For instance the object ball was aimed at a slow pace for the corner pocket. It came into contact with the cushion about 10 inches from the pocket but still went in! How can this be possible?

i think you're watching 9 ball aren't you?
    I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally Posted by msrysa1 View Post
      Ive been watching the Masters Tournament on TV. A few times Ive seen shots that would never have gone in in my local club! For instance the object ball was aimed at a slow pace for the corner pocket. It came into contact with the cushion about 10 inches from the pocket but still went in! How can this be possible?
      If the stroke played is slow paced the final run of the object ball is affected on a newly clothed table ( which compared with club tables ) these are. Because the fitters cloth straining points are starting from top cushion behind black spot, Then centre line behind brown spot then each middle pocket and finally around the corner pockets meaning that the weave of the cloth is directional to the centre line of all pockets.At this low pace the ball sometimes picks up this line and follows it to the pocket. After a day or three this reaction reduces as the cloth gradually stretches into its final position. Hope this helps you understand. It does not make the pockets any easier for the pros. contrary to popular opinion.:snooker:

Comment

There is a big difference when seeing the balls go in from behind the pocket and from the players view. This is how some balls look like they are missing when watching on tv yet they still go in. All you are seeing is the width of the pocket from this angle and not the angled cushions which help balls into the pocket.

People say the balls go in easy on the tv tables but they are definitely very tight. Much more so than most club tables. People would end up giving up snooker as it would be impossible for most to pot any balls.

Comment

Originally Posted by franksandellsnooker View Post
          If the stroke played is slow paced the final run of the object ball is affected on a newly clothed table ( which compared with club tables ) these are. Because the fitters cloth straining points are starting from top cushion behind black spot, Then centre line behind brown spot then each middle pocket and finally around the corner pockets meaning that the weave of the cloth is directional to the centre line of all pockets.At this low pace the ball sometimes picks up this line and follows it to the pocket. After a day or three this reaction reduces as the cloth gradually stretches into its final position. Hope this helps you understand. It does not make the pockets any easier for the pros. contrary to popular opinion.:snooker:
          Very interesting post, thanks.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
          X