Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power - Spencer vs Robertson Please Read.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power - Spencer vs Robertson Please Read.

Did anyone see the opening red of the 8th frame Robertson dug in today?

I really can't believe the ball can be struck any better, for out and out power White had some, Parrott more and Foulds probably more still but the guy you always read about was Spencer.

The stories of him potting long reds and screwing in and out of baulk are legendary and I just don't see how anyone can generate any more action than Robertson did today.

By the time I saw Spencer he waswell past his best but I'd love to hear from anyone who saw him.

Robertsons red is on BBCi player about 3 hours into this afternoons coverage.

That was an amazing shot by Roberston. We used to have a bloke I played with and he would do it occasionally and almost as good as Robertson did and on the old tables, too.
    :snooker:

Comment

I saw JS.a few times and his timing of the stroke was awesome. His ability to screw the ball is best endorsed by the remarks made by Warren Simpson in Oz. when he stood up following a huge full length screw which also went off two cushion and announced ''Ladies and Gentleman that shot was impossible''.

Comment

I thought it was an unbeliveable shot especially on those tables

Comment

Originally Posted by s.h442 View Post
          I thought it was an unbeliveable shot especially on those tables
          If you cant do it on a pro standard table with new balls then ul never be able to do it.

I know many club players who can play that shot - on poor tables

Comment

can anyone post the vid on here?
            what a frustrating, yet addictive game this is....

Comment

This is not the shot here's a example of his cue power.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmuWI...e_gdata_player
              Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
              Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by circle View Post
                If you cant do it on a pro standard table with new balls then ul never be able to do it.

Indeed. New cloth and new balls make a lot of difference for sure.

Comment

Power - Spencer vs Robertson Please Read.

Spencers cue power has legendary status with all the players who played him and saw him play. This is mainly because he played the power shots with the old balls and on the old thicker cloths.
                  " For those of you in black & white, the blue is behind the yellow"

Comment

If you do, then our definition of "club player" is wildly different. Unless its one of those clubs with ping pong ball whites. I can think of a few of the top 16 players in the world who could not play that shot.

Comment

I didn't see the shot. Can anyone post a link? I have tried, but I cannot find it on iPlayer.
                      Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
                        If you do, then our definition of "club player" is wildly different. Unless its one of those clubs with ping pong ball whites. I can think of a few of the top 16 players in the world who could not play that shot.
                        Im serious - by club players i mean century break players. However, i know a 40 break player who can play this shot - but power is nothing without control.

This bloke cues a nice ball - and nearly holds his technique together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2fJ-3elVTc
                        Last edited by circle; 17 January 2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Cue Power

Warren132 on here does this type of shot regular on our carpet covered table's, Just goes to show, It is all in the timeing:snooker:

Comment

Out of the current players,I think Neil Robertson has got the most cue power followed by Mark Williams.
                            But If you are talking about the all time player with the most cuepower,it's hard to look beyond John Spencer.
                            Last edited by sunny3909; 16 January 2011, 07:34 PM.
                            My deep screw shot
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Im serious - by club players i mean century break players. However, i know a 40 break player who can play this shot - but power is nothing without control.

This bloke cues a nice ball - and holfd his technique together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2fJ-3elVTc
                              If club players are century break players, how do you describe the 40 break player? And what about the guys who play doubles every Thursday night with their mates along with a few pints - how do you describe them?

Comment

Working...
                              X