Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Weight when adding an end joint

Hello again chaps

Would any of you know just how much weight is added when an end joint is put in a cue and also if it affects the balance point at all?

Thanks

Glenn

Not much, you should have asked and I'd have put it in before I posted you it!

Comment

I think you did more than enough for me John. Seriously though, what difference does it make to weight and bp? I had a 60 break with it last night so all is going really well and dont really want to change specs too much but could do with an end joint as they did not manage to steal that!!!
      How are you doing by the way?

Comment

I had one put in my elite on friday and asked JP the same question,he said about a 1/4 of an oz

Comment

Wow only that much! Must admit I thought it would have been more than that. Do you know if it has made the cue more butt heavy?

Comment

Originally Posted by gtjohnnymac1965 View Post
            Wow only that much! Must admit I thought it would have been more than that. Do you know if it has made the cue more butt heavy?
            What is the balance point of your cue just now ?
            Last edited by warren132; 16 January 2011, 08:39 AM.
            Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

The bp at the mo' is only 15.5". It is a joint in the very end of the butt to accept a 6" mini extention that I'm wondering about.

Comment

Don't forget they have to remove a plug of wood from the butt in order to install the SD socket and I believe the 1/4oz JP quoted is probably accurate. That little amount of weight should move your balance point more that a millimeter or two

Terry
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

The brass insert I use weights .3oz, about 1.25"x.45" of ebony is removed when it is installed. It ends up adding about .2 oz to the cue. Balance point should not be affected to the point where you can feel a difference.
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
                    Depends if you put it nearer to the butt. What is the balance point of your cue just now ?
                    Am by no means an expert but I believe it is traditional in cuemaking to put an end joint near the end.

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                      The brass insert I use weights .3oz, about 1.25"x.45" of ebony is removed when it is installed. It ends up adding about .2 oz to the cue. Balance point should not be affected to the point where you can feel a difference.

Hi pool junkie, 3 oz seems very heavy. especially when you consider a cue will weigh between 17 and 20 oz, plus if your using a 3/4 joint aswell,a fair proportion of your cue weight will be made of brass.

Comment

I think he meant 0.3 oz caz

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                          I think he meant 0.3 oz caz
                          Sorry my mistake. should get my eyes tested.

Comment

Working...
                          X