Snookered after a foul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snookered after a foul

After a foul by my oppenent - 1 red left on table on top cushion near black. White in baulk near yellow snookered by blue. I play the blue up the table and roll behind the yellow ,obtaning a full ball snooker, the blue finishes up close to the red in direct line from the cue ball to the red. The effective snookering ball is the yellow. Is this a foul?

No it is not a foul. As you said yourself, the effective snookering ball is the yellow, so you have not snookered behind the free ball.

Comment

As ever The Statman is right!

Comment

Thanks. Now to try and convince my opponent to pay up on the bet.

Comment

If there happens to be a rule book in your club, it's right in there and basically says the snookering ball is considered to be the ball closest to the cueball

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

just to make sure . am i right in thinking you cannot play a snooker behind the ball you have nominated as your free ball ?

Comment

Originally Posted by iago147 View Post
              just to make sure . am i right in thinking you cannot play a snooker behind the ball you have nominated as your free ball ?
              Yes you are correct, specifically:
              10. Penalties (a)(viii) causing the cue-ball to be snookered behind a free ball, except as provided for in Section 3 Rule 12(b)(ii);
              12. Snookered After a Foul (b)(ii) be snookered on all Reds, or the ball on, by the free ball thus nominated, except when the Pink and Black are the only object balls remaining on the table.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks for that !

Comment

Working...
                X