What's the ruling Foul after a Foul ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right well i give up anyway...

This snooker related question goes in my box of questions I cant answer along with the following:

At the cinema which arm rest is yours?

What is Satan's last name?

If a lesbian has sex with other women but never with another man is she still considered a virgin?

How can something be "new" and "improved"? if it's new, what was it improving on?

When lightning strikes the ocean why don't all the fish die?

How do you handcuff a one-armed man?

Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white?

Can you cry under water?

If someone owns a piece of land, do they own it all the way to the center of the earth?

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Why is it said that an alarm clock is going off when really its coming on?

Why did she sell seashells on the seashore when you can just pick them up anyway?

If the Wicked Witch of the West melts in water... how did she ever bathe?

If bald people work as chefs in a restaurant,do they have to wear hairnets?

Why do sleeping pills have warning labels that state :'Caution: May Cause Drowsiness?

When the French swear do they say pardon my English?

If a king is gay and marries another guy what is that guy to the royal family?

Would you die if you didn't pee?

people tell you to stay a kid for as long as you can. Yet the moment you do anything childish or immature they tell you to grow up.

When Atheists go to Court, they can't swear on the bible, can they?

If marbles are not made of marble, why are they called marbles?

If you dig a hole through the center of the earth, come out on the other side, and then let go, would you be falling down or floating up?

Could someone be addicted to counseling? If so, how would you treat them?

What happens if a black cat walks under a ladder and breaks a mirror?

Why when people ask you "what three things would you bring with you on a desert island?" no one ever replies, "A BOAT"

Comment

You need sleep 1blonde what you doing awake at that time of the morning anyway ? lol

Comment

The original question has already been answered and the relevant rule quoted.

In the OPs scenario, the important question is did the player foul the pink whilst the cue ball was still in his hand, or did it occur after the cue ball had been placed on the table.

If the foul was committed before the cue ball was placed on the table, then the cue ball is in hand for the other player, even if the offender had put the cue ball down on the table after fouling the pink.

However, if the cue ball was on the bed of the table when the foul was committed then the cue ball is no longer in hand, and must be placed from where it is. Rule 9(b)(ii) clearly states that the cue ball ceases to be in hand if a foul is committed whilst the cue ball is on the table. Nowhere does it mention fouls being committed whilst the cue ball is in the D... as long as the cue ball is on the bed of the table then a foul will mean it is no longer in hand.
        Last edited by Souwester; 14 November 2011, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          This happened to me in a League Match this week .......

I went in off a red , so ball in hand to my opponent . As he put the white ball down he fouled the pink with his hand . But he had placed the white ball down just behind the 'D' and left it there after he touched the Pink .

So my question .....do i play the white from where it was put down or do i play it ball in hand from the ' D ' ?

Thanks
          it says.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            This happened to me in a League Match this week .......

I went in off a red , so ball in hand to my opponent . As he put the white ball down he fouled the pink with his hand . But he had placed the white ball down just behind the 'D' and left it there after he touched the Pink .

So my question .....do i play the white from where it was put down or do i play it ball in hand from the ' D ' ?

Thanks
            As per some previous answers - it all depends exactly where the cue-ball was when the player touched the pink.

If the cue-ball was on the bed of the table when the pink was touched, the it is to be played from where it lies. If you then come to the table and pick the white up to move it into the D, then you will be forcing it off the table and it will be a 4-point foul*. Likewise if you touch it, to go to move it into the D without actually picking it up, it will be a 4-point* foul for touching a ball in play and your opponent will be in the same scenario.

* (or 5-point or 6-point if blue or pink is the ball on)

However, if the cue-ball was in the guy's hand when he touched the pink, and not in contact with the table, then you are still in-hand and must play from the D because you cannot play from mid-air or from your opponent's hand!

Comment

Excellent Statman . So the cue ball should have been put in the D .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by 1blonde View Post
                I would say white would be in hand as he did not place the white in the D properly before touching the pink -

Imagine he put the white on the rail cushion then fouled the pink or still had it in his hand (you cant play it from there can you?)
                If the ball has not been placed in the D then you should have ball in hand I would say.

Technically if you think about it a player could replace the ball anywhere on the table then foul if that situation would help him lol
                This is why I think it is ball in hand.

Had he placed it in the D then fouled I dont know if that is the case however-mmmmmmm good one.
                yes 1blonde good one hehe imagine trying to play from his hand or the rail that gave me a chuckle!

Comment

I would say If the white was not inside the "D" when the pink was fouled, that six foul would be called, and you could then place the white IN the "D" and take your shot,

Comment

also I dont think the game would have re started untill the white was struck.
                    If a player breaks off using a baulk colour by mistake, [stupid yes] but a foul, would not be called,AS the game
                    has not started untill the white ball has been struck, the balls would be re racked, and the same player would break off.

Comment

Working...
                    X