which tip do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elkmaster for me!
    VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
    Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
    Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
    Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Played with Blue Diamond for most of my playing days but have flirted with an Elk here and there. Getting my old cue fixed soon so will prob keep a BD on there and possibly put an Elk on my current cue to get a good comparison. Not overly interested in laminated tips, from all that I've read about them it seems that they are much harder than pressed tips. If anyone could prove me wrong though & maybe has a worn in soft laminated tip they're not using I wouldn't mind trying...but for the price they sell at, its barely worth the experimentation

Comment

Diamond plus on my pool cue and pro granite on my snooker cue both excellent tips but very different, dont think the pro granite would be so good for pool. I usually use elks for both though.

Comment

I'm back on elk, having tried Talisman, Buffalo diamond plus, Phoenix in the last two months. I'm not a fan of the hardness of laminates, but the spin is something else. ROS used an elk at the Worlds. It's horses for courses.
          Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

I have tried Elks didn't like them too soft , Talisman medium were. Ok , kamui Medium not sure yet, I wasn't sure I had an original so I'm not passing judgment yet, I now have a MW Super tip, they are quite hard but I have only been using it for a couple of days so I'm going to give it time before I decide if to continue using them .
            I like to experiment and so far I haven't decided on one that I can say this is the one

Alabbadi

Comment

Working...
            X