Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So if Igor wins the world Championship...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if Igor wins the world Championship...

Apart from it being very cold due to hell having frozen over and stuff who loses their tour place?

I remember when Murphy won he was immediately bumped up to last 16 status of every torunament so I would assume the same would happen but seeing as he would still not have enough points to be in the top 64 what happens?

He isn't in the top 8 PTC,
    He isn't Canadian so can't be given the Americas Wildcard

So if every eligible player takes the spot they earn for next season who gets the chop?

Or would the rules state that we would go through the entire season with a defending world champion (barring qualification through Q School).

I don't think World Snooker are too concerned about the number of players these days. Sure, it looks better if it's a number like 96 or 128, but we had 99 this season, so an unexpected extra player wouldn't really be much of a problem.

Comment

World champions dont qualify they take the place of the world number 16 in seeding as ive said before its more world champion and 14 others than the top 16

Ian McCullochs only time in the 16 he had to qualify for eevery event because the world champion was out of the 16

it would be either the 64th or the 8th player in the order of merit who would lose their place im assuming the 8th in the ptv

but i always say its better to be the second last as you are secure
      Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
        I don't think World Snooker are too concerned about the number of players these days. Sure, it looks better if it's a number like 96 or 128, but we had 99 this season, so an unexpected extra player wouldn't really be much of a problem.
        with one extra player they would have to use byes i would suggest if they add one they might aswell add 2 just for fairness
        Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

just had a thought someone last season qualified for the main tour after the first ptc i cant remember which player it was why doesnt the player from that tournament get his tour card for the season after would be fairer for him and would solve the issue

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
            World champions dont qualify they take the place of the world number 16 in seeding as ive said before its more world champion and 14 others than the top 16

Ian McCullochs only time in the 16 he had to qualify for eevery event because the world champion was out of the 16

it would be either the 64th or the 8th player in the order of merit who would lose their place im assuming the 8th in the ptv

but i always say its better to be the second last as you are secure
            I'm not sure if thats the case now coincidentally since they've done away with qualifiers or wildcards for the Masters,I remember someone saying even if Reanne Evans won the world title at this stage last year she'd still have to go to q school.
            So on that case Igor doesn't have enough points to retain his place,his chance obviously would be an invite or q school as well.

Comment

I think it's still the case that the World champion is the 2nd seed in every event, unless he is the defending champion as well.

Comment

I think it's still the case that the World champion is the 2nd seed in every event, unless he is the defending champion as well.
                I'm guessing Murphy almost certainly got into the 64 with that 05 wc win,all I'm going off is the 2012/2013 qualifying criteria,is there any addenda re winning the wc in Igor's case? Otherwise Igor would still be out.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                  I'm guessing Murphy almost certainly got into the 64 with that 05 wc win,all I'm going off is the 2012/2013 qualifying criteria,is there any addenda re winning the wc in Igor's case? Otherwise Igor would still be out.
                  I think Murphy finished 24th that season, or something like that. He was then provisionally around the 5th spot for most of the following season.

I'm not sure what would happen in Figueredo's case, but I strongly suspect he would be seeded 2nd in every event and thus treated as a Main Tour player.

Comment

ian mcculloch was very unlucky that season when he went out he was thinking yayyyy no qualifying rounds then Murphy won and he was thinking oh ****

Comment

I think Murphy finished 24th that season, or something like that. He was then provisionally around the 5th spot for most of the following season.

I'm not sure what would happen in Figueredo's case, but I strongly suspect he would be seeded 2nd in every event and thus treated as a Main Tour player.
                      Not of course forgetting the event Steve Davis ended up getting himself disqualified from for not realising that the defending champ was also a non-top 16 player and such as the 15th seed he was also supposed to qualify.

Oh the Japes

Comment

Murphy was the lowest ranked player to ever win the Worlds, but he was well inside the top 64 anyway - I think the Crucible win pushed him from mid-40s to mid-20s.

If Igor did win, the scenario I'd like to see is something a bit different - the lowest PTC survivor on the full ranking list gets the chop. In this case, it would be Simon Bedford, who hasn't even bothered turning up for the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! How very professional.

Comment

Shaun Murphy was world ranked N0 48 when he won the 2005 World Championships (The final Embassy winner as well) and the win put him up to N0 21 in the world rankings as well. The Following year he played and beat James Wattana 10-5, the only time a player outside the top 16 as been guranteed a place in the last 16 of the world championships, and also that year the world N0 16 Ian McCulloch failed to qualify for Sheffield and the following year he beat defending champion Graeme Dott 10-7 in the 1st round did Ian McCulloch.
                          Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

ian is still the unluckiest member of the top sixteen in history

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
                              ian is still the unluckiest member of the top sixteen in history
                              When Chris Small got into top 16 his backproblems got so bad that he only played one or two more years on the tour, so maybe thats open to discussion.
                              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                              X