Eurosport Player vs Livesport.TV Snooker coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurosport Player vs Livesport.TV Snooker coverage

Hi I recently cancelled my TV License as I was sick and tired of my license money being used to create all sorts of dumbed down singing contests and reality TV programs on the BBC.......... I am planing to subscribe to either the Eurosport Player or World Snookers Livesport TV service to watch snooker.

They both seem similarly priced.....Can someone give me feedback as to which one is better in terms of number of matches, tournaments and reliability and quality of the steam. Thanks

you will still require a tv licence
    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

hmmmm.....seems a bit unfair that i have to pay the TV license when all I want to watch is Snooker.... Seriously, theres so much rubbish on TV these days that the TV license money is continuesly being abused and wasted .... let me re-phrase the question.....

What is the best way to watch live snooker on the computer without having a TV license.

Comment

if u stream or record televsion programmes u require a licence technically internet players are tv its why tou have to fill out the tv licence form when buying a laptop or any other device that can play players
        Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Why do I need a licence for my PC?

You only need a licence if you use your computer to watch programmes at the same time as they are being shown on TV.

Before now, this has not been a major problem as very few programmes are available simultaneously on air and online.

Computer users only needed a TV licence if they had a special video card that could receive TV signals.

But the TV Licensing Authority now says watching the BBC's World Cup coverage over broadband will require a licence.

This is to stop people receiving TV programmes for free on their computer when they would have to pay to see them on a regular television.
          Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/5081350.stm

From reading that, I'd say it's specifically BBC broadcast they're referring to, so you'll probably be OK watching the eurosport player or liveworldsnooker, but not the BBC's streaming coverage of the World Championships and such like.

Mind you, how would they know? I can't see how they could cross-reference everyone's ip addresses with their already useless license database, not at the moment anyway.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Something else to bear in mind, although it may seem fairly obvious, is the amount of bandwidth needed to watch snooker. Matches can go on for four or five hours at a time,
            ***INSERT YOUR OWN PETER EBDON, RORY MCCLEOD, ETC, ETC, JOKES HERE****
            and if you're watching most of a tournament, this can seriously eat into you're ISPs bandwidth allowance.

Watching the BBC's live streaming of the WC last year, used about 1GB every 3 hours on my PC, you could easily wrack up 40GB over the whole tournament, which may not go down too well with your ISP, even if they say it's an 'unlimited' service, they usually have a 'fair use policy' so you may want to check with them to get an idea of what their limit actually is.

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
            X