Touching Ball??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touching Ball??

Casual game at the seniors club the other day and i was asked to judge whether there was a touching ball. When I looked it seemed to be touching but something seemed wrong. These old eyes are not what they used to be so I carry a folding 10x magnifier so got it out and looked and there was a very slight gap (maybe 1/20 mm) except that there was a piece of dirt bridging the gap between the balls. Should I have said touching or was I right in deciding that the dirt should not count in determining 'touching ball'?

Dirt doesn't count

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Hmmm, I'm not sure there's a definitive right answer to this one.

I think that, if I was refereeing, if there was any physical contact between the two balls (even caused by the speck of dirt) then I'd call a touching ball. Who's to say that if that the speck of dirt isn't preventing a normal touching ball situation?

Comment

Originally Posted by Souwester View Post
        Who's to say that if that the speck of dirt isn't preventing a normal touching ball situation?
        Yeah... but on the other hand... maybe without the speck of dirt it wasn't a touching ball? We'll never know. I think I wouldn't call it a touching ball.

Comment

i wpould suggest the cleaning of the ball by the referee in this instance
          Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

i wpould suggest the cleaning of the ball by the referee in this instance
            I'd have to stick my vote in that column.

Comment

Working...
            X