Marking up Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marking up Scores

In a game with no referee is there a rule or etiquette for who marks up the score? In the rule book I think from memory it says that if there is no referee then the non-striker is the referee. Would that mean that the non-striker is responsible for marking up the score? Maybe folks just mark there own score up? in my club we don't follow any rules and sometimes scores can get missed or recorded incorrectly.

Not sure what the official word is but in matches i count the other players break, when the break ends i tell him what he scored and he can put his score on the board.

Comment

Originally Posted by Blanchon147 View Post
      Not sure what the official word is but in matches i count the other players break, when the break ends i tell him what he scored and he can put his score on the board.
      Yep.

I don't think there's any official format but that is certainly standard procedure. And also call your opponent's score through a break after every shot or, at least, after every colour. That way, any mathematical errors are more likely to be spotted as they occur.

Comment

Working...
      X