Unusual advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual advice needed

What it is i use to play a lot and really enjoyed the game, but being a butcher by trade I one day some 10 years ago I accidently put a 12" steak knife through my hand severing my nerve and tendon to my left thumb, the hospital did repair it but I was no longer able to cock my thumb up to make a channel for my cue to run through so i never played again but i had always kept my cue hoping my thumb movment would come back to normal but sadly never has, so my question is does anyone have any ideas how i can over come this or is there anything i can buy to put on my thumb when playing? I have tried playing with the other hand but just cant do it ....lol

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards Nigel.... Dover

nnnnigel@hotmail.com

A player i've known from playing pool and snooker for some years has a slight problem with his bridging hand. It sounds very simular to what your experiencing. He rests the cue between the first two knuckles on his hand. I know its not perfect but it allows him to play and he's had his fair amount of high breaks in the league.

Comment

Play with a looped bridge....

poolbridge.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Chappers View Post
        A player i've known from playing pool and snooker for some years has a slight problem with his bridging hand. It sounds very simular to what your experiencing. He rests the cue between the first two knuckles on his hand. I know its not perfect but it allows him to play and he's had his fair amount of high breaks in the league.
        For many many years I've refereed and run tournaments like the National Snooker Champiosnhips for nthe Disabled. Many players there have a disbility which affects them from bridging normally, and many are quite ingeneous nas to how they overcome their disability. Many who maybe don't even have a bridging hand use a weighted block with a loop on top, through which they can place their cue and use that instead to guide the cue. There was a guy at last year's Championships who was demonstrating all sorts of implements, but I can't remember the name offhand. I saw his business card just the other day: I'll try to find it again.

Comment

Just want to thank everyone what replied to my question all the feed back was very much appreciated

Kind Regards Nigel

Comment

Working...
          X