Jamie Jones cue ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamie Jones cue ?

Was at the Crucible during the Jamie Jones - Andrew Higginson match, my friend thought Jamie Jones was playing Acuerate but I wasn't sure, so we bet for £5 ;-)

Which cue does he use ?

ive heard that he plays with a trevor white cue mate

Comment

£20 from JJB.
      :snooker:
      High break: 117
      2013 Midlands University Snooker Champion

Comment

Yeah pretty sure its a Trevor White cue.

Comment

Yeah it most certainly is a Trevor White, the commentators where banging on about it lol :snooker:
          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
            Yeah it most certainly is a Trevor White, the commentators where banging on about it lol :snooker:
            Which commentators? I thought all "BBC" commentators only mention Parris?
            Which match?
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              Which commentators? I thought all "BBC" commentators only mention Parris?
              Which match?
              Yeah never heard them mention anyone but parris, I did not think they were even aware of the other great cue makers tbh. Other than Steve Davis mentioning the boroughs and watts replica of Dale.

Comment

Originally Posted by JeeSe View Post
                Yeah never heard them mention anyone but parris, I did not think they were even aware of the other great cue makers tbh. Other than Steve Davis mentioning the boroughs and watts replica of Dale.
                Yep I picked up on that at the time -"oh, a commentator mentioned a cue make" even though an old one
                Even then he got it wrong as he said it was "really old" - "older than Dominic"
                and it turns out to be a recent Glover Burroughes & Watts Eureka replica, nice though
                LOL

Comment

dont think its certain it is a replica. from the pics of it, it had another round badge on it. which i have seen before when the gloveman on here put pics up of his mannock cues. also the cue did look old. i still have the footage on my sky plus. gonna put on you tube soon

heres the badge in question, on the mannock, the round one. dunno if had the exact writing on but looked similar.

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ht=mannock+cue
                  Last edited by mattyshinobi22; 6 May 2012, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Dominic's cue is a recently made one, and is not an original Eureka.

Jamie's cue was made about a year ago.

Comment

thought it was trevor white !

Comment

Originally Posted by luchtzak View Post
                        thought it was trevor white !
                        I think you miss understand Trevor White's (Trevs1) posting, he is confirming the two subjects of this thread:
                        1) Jamie Jones is using a Trevor White cue.
                        2) Dominic Dale's Eureka is a modern replica.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                          Dominic's cue is a recently made one, and is not an original Eureka.

Jamie's cue was made about a year ago.
                          Thx for the information Trevor, I still use yours! Ranked 20 in Belgium, pretty good for a player like me ;-) at the end of this month it's Belgian championship time again ;-)

Comment

i agree with trev that the cue dominic plays with is a replica but thought id upload steve davis talking about it and burroughes and watts cues.

here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP_sZ...ature=youtu.be

Comment

The reason Davis thought it was Old was because of the Fake Badges and the Colour of the Shaft but Dom and a Close Friend of his likes to Oil the Cues so it looks Antique! But Personally I dont like it as looks like a Horrible brown and nothing like Real Antique Cues look like as Most Old Cues have Nicotine on them which discolours them.
                              Last edited by gazza147; 12 May 2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X