Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Is Ding going to be the most successful player since Hendry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted No , tho as Semih said ..it is to early to say.
    It is true he has everything to be on top there , but even so , i doubt a player ever could equalise Hendry's winnings , and i also doubt a player could also dominate the snooker for at least half as long as Hendo did. Besides , it is also true they are different times we are talking about , snooker is played now at a higher level , competition is tough , even id the kiddo is rocking..will be hard not to fall off the wave at times .
    And while there are in snooker names like Hendry , Higgins , O'Sullivan , Williams who still make a difference , will be hard for Ding to become the most successful one since Hendry.
    "I just want to live for the moment.Tomorrow's not important, next month is not important,what's happened in the past is not important.That's my journey... and I like the journey i'm on!" R.O'Sullivan
    Winner of 2008 UK Championship Prediction Contest
    Winner of 2010 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

Talking of him winning 3 world titles to be the most dominent is of cousre saying that you dont expect williams or eonnie to win a 3rd.
      1994 a good year
      The Masters a great event
      The Final a marvellous match
      The Winner a snooker genius
      Alan McManus The Winner
      Stephen Hendry The Loser

1994 a good year....

Comment

Not sure. You have to remember that another youngster could pop up onto the scene in 2/3 years who is equally good or even better. But at the moment he certainly has the skill and the mentality.

If he beats Ebdon in the first round I think he'll win the whole tournament.
        You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

Comment

I really fo hope so. Maybe not seven world titles, but as the question is "since" Hendry, I think he probably will.

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
            id say its to early to tell

hes got great potential, but if you are meaning success in terms of title wins etc, then he may struggle as ronnie hasnt achieved this and he makes the game look easy at times.

Spot on mate!
            Mon the Rocket

Comment

i think he'll be the most successful one after hendry, but if he's to better hendry, he'll have to win the world and another titile plus the masters this year...

Comment

I believe this strengthened my argument lol

Comment

I have to say his safety is not up to scratch. it was horrendous in the 6th frame. Lee was not up to it for punishing it. Happy he won though!

Comment

No but he's clearly showing he is capable of playing any kind of game and winning any kind of game; slow and scrappy ones as well as the fast and high scoring ones.

Comment

Spot on Sir! Whatever tactics are used, he does not care one bit!

Comment

Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave
                        Spot on Sir! Whatever tactics are used, he does not care one bit!
                        indeed. its like trying to read someone at poker, cos he hardly ever shows his thoughts when things aint going well etc..........

Comment

it is unlikely - the standard of up and coming players is out of this world and its going to get harder and harder for one player to dominate, look out for welsh kid michael white who i suspect might be the person to be the most successful player since Stephen Hendry?
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I think it's really hard to say one player will dominate. But I don't like playing with words so I'll just say I see it more than likely that Ding will become a World Champion more than once and have a brilliant career. I don't like comparing individuals either, but if statistics is a measure then yes, I believe he will be more successful than other young players. No one can say he's already at the top of the snooker world, but we are talking about potential, right?

Comment

Hmm..I still go for "maybe"....
                              2010 World Open Prediction Contest Winner

Comment

Possibly. Nobody in my opinion will ever top what Hendry has achieved. Hendry is not a favourite of mine, but his style of play paved the way for the influx of young attacking talent that has emerged in the last 6 or 7 years. Because of the amount of talented youngsters in the game now, it won't be easy for somebody to dominate in the way Hendry did. Hendry changed snooker, and the older generation couldn't cope. I honestly can't see how snooker can improve much more than what we saw Ronnie do last night, and what Ding has been doing since turning pro.

I think snooker has a great future, as long as it is marketted correctly.
                                Cheers
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X