Touching ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I was thinking that may have been the case.
    cheers for the confirmation.

as per your scenario, you come to the table and your opponent has left the cue-ball touching a colour and there are still red(s) on the table. As the turn is starting, reds would be automatically on and the striker would not have the choice of red or colour but red only? No?
    You've forgotten about the free ball! He has a choice of still playing a red, or choosing a colour instead, as a red.

Comment

Originally Posted by Souwester View Post
      Apologies, I omitted a crucial phrase. It should have read:

The other scenario is when you come to the table when a free ball has been declared when red is the ball on, and the cue ball is touching a colour. You then have to make a choice of playing a red or any of the six colours, and must state your choice.
      Thank goodness, I thought I have been playing the game wrong all this time.....Cheez..
      JP Majestic
      3/4
      57"
      17oz
      9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by Souwester View Post
        You've forgotten about the free ball! He has a choice of still playing a red, or choosing a colour instead, as a red.
        dear oh dear, it seems to be catching
        yes I did
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

(the referee will not call 'touching ball' in this scenario, because the red is not a ball on).
          You'd be surprised how many 'referees' DO call touching ball.

I actually corrected a 'referee' who done this. There then ensued a 'discussion' between the player, the 'referee' and me as to whether he could just 'play away'. I just explained that as he was on a colour, he needed to just declare what colour he was going to hirt. Obviously, if the player had asked the referee if the cb was touching the red, the referee would have had to tell him.
          You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Working...
          X