Can you settle a bet once and for all please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you settle a bet once and for all please

Can you settle a bet once and for all please, My opponent fouled and left me behind the brown , I took the brown as a free ball and potted, I then went for another red forgetting about last pot, long day at work lol , so it was obviously a foul, my question is how many penalty points is he then awarded ??

Cheers guys

I think it could be 7 mate, (ie. highest colour to count as you didn't nominate) not exactly sure tho

Comment

Cheers jrc. Anyone confirm 100% what amount of penalty points he is awarded ?

Comment

i would of sed 7 as not nominated the colour but then its down to the reff to ask which ball there off for its a hard one

Comment

Originally Posted by shanerayner28 View Post
          i would of sed 7 as not nominated the colour but then its down to the reff to ask which ball there off for its a hard one

So is there not just a clean cut answer as we was just playing in a club without a ref ?

Comment

FOUL 7, SECTION 3 RULE 12(d) (iii)

Comment

Foul 7 points awarded
              Always a pleasure

Comment

cheers all , Its settled then 7 points awarded

Comment

It is indeed a foul with a penalty of seven points:

Section 3 Rule 10

(d) seven points if the striker:
                  (i) uses a ball off the table for any purpose;
                  (ii) uses any object to measure gaps or distance;
                  (iii) plays at Reds, or a free ball followed by a Red, in successive strokes;
                  (iv) uses any ball other than White as the cue-ball for any stroke after the frame has started;
                  (v) fails to declare which ball he is on when snookered or when requested to do so by the referee; or
                  (vi) after potting a Red (or free ball nominated as a Red), commits a foul before a colour has been nominated.

Comment

to take a red and then shoot at another red by mistake 7 point foul, also take a colour as your free ball and go for a red after the pot 7 point foul [ reff or no reff] thats the rules... Life is cruel at times
                    Last edited by bally969; 18 July 2012, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X