Analysing my Stance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analysing my Stance

I have been looking at my stance lately and really wanted to almost illiminate it as a problem in terms of my accuracy and potting. i have tried different stance positions from time to time but i have almost every time come back to the boxer style of stance. it feels more comfortable and i have less pain in my knees which have been a problem for me due to three operations on the ligaments through injuries.

i have been analysing it in detail because i always thought that it was my stance that was letting me down when i play a bad shot or i feel that i am not in line with the shot. i took a video of me playing a straight pink into the top left pocket from close by the blue spot on the right hand side of the table. i took the shot five times and then uploaded the video to Kinovea so i can analyse the video.

to be honest i was suprised with the results, i seem to be planting my feet on the same spot the angle of my feet seem the same and the distance between my legs also look the same, with very minor differences i couldn't really see anything to worry about but could be wrong.

i will add a link to a video i uploaded to youtube, its only the first two shots because that is all i could show with the software, i have added some of the tools from kinovea that shows the angle of the feet and i marked the position of the feet and the distance between my legs, i synchronised the two shots so the start together. if i didn't know better it looks like the same shot done twice, however i can asure you that these are two seperate shots.

if you look very closely you may see minor differences anyway here is the link http://youtu.be/56MGB1milgI

if anyone has any comments on the video i would welcome the feedback

Alabbadi
Working...
X