No announcement yet.

Natural Ability and chances of career?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dhnox1, I live a few minutes from you where do you play?
    I have had some coaching with Tim, he is very good, highly recommended.
    cheers
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Natural Ability and chances of career?

Hi Dknox1, like the others say, if I was you I would just enjoy the game. Too many good young players out there that you would need to improve massively.

As a 15 year old my best break was 75 and I was just playing once a week with my dad. Gave up the game for nearly 20 years and started playing in December. Really enjoying the game now, best break has improved to 92 so you don't lose ability it's just that to be a pro you have to be special.

Played a lad in my teens who had a break of 120 against me and he never made it but is still playing Div 1 league snooker. Wish you all the best.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dknox1 View Post
        Thanks, I really am not worried because I find snooker enjoyable either way. A more experienced player played me a few weeks ago and beat me 2-0 on both occasions (although I should've won a couple of frames), he is definitely better than me (although I think I can beat him, I just wasn't playing well) . Anyway he then played in the pink ribbon and lost 4-0, twice, and having watched some amateurs and streaming qualifying rounds of the lowest ranked professionals I know that in not even close to reaching that level anytime soon.
        I was just curious to get others opinions on whether I could improve my game that much in such a short space of time.
        Either way I'll try to get some coaching but I will just enjoy myself and see how it goes.
        well I say I think you should go and see Tim Dunkley in Chandlers Ford ... I've never met Tim, I do not know him, but I have read his posts on this forum for a few years - he is not that far from you, you could go by train or even better if you have someone to take you by car, and he is clearly very supportive and enthusiastic of young people's snooker ... I don't know his official position but he clearly has a significant role in the CueStars events for youngsters all over the south of England ...

I would be frightened to meet him (and I'm 55yrs old lol) so it might be a bit scary for you but there's no better person that I know to give you good advice, support and encouragement ... I'd be prepared to wager, scary as it might be, that you will enjoy the experience - that's his expertise ...

it's all very well asking advice from the old fuddie-duddies on TSF but it won't really help anything very much, so my advice is go see Tim and let us know how you get on ...
        Last edited by DandyA; 25 June 2012, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X