Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this hurt my table

Hello,

I am in the process of buying a nice steel block table and was wondering, since I do not always have the heat or air conditioner on in my game room, if this would hurt the table. It gets cold in the winter and hot in the summer, as I leave the heat and air off when I am not playing. Will this cause any problems?

Best regards,

Mark

Originally Posted by Trapper
    Hello,

I am in the process of buying a nice steel block table and was wondering, since I do not always have the heat or air conditioner on in my game room, if this would hurt the table. It gets cold in the winter and hot in the summer, as I leave the heat and air off when I am not playing. Will this cause any problems?

Best regards,

Mark
    hi Trapper

could you give a bit more information regarding how cold and how hot it CAN GET TO, and also whats the average low and high temps are when not in use?

should help get a more accurate reply.

oh, and good question BTW

Comment

My building is well insulated. I am in the southern USA and the temps can reach in the high 90's in the summer and sometimes single digits in the winter. I wondered if it would hurt the cloth or the slate.

Best regards,

Trapper

Comment

Low temperatures are more likely to effect the one thing you haven't mentioned, cushion rubbers. Despite what the manufacturers would have you believe, regular exposure too low temperatures will tend to shorten the life of cushions more rapidly than those kept at constant room temperature.

The only other worry, a remote one if you have bought from a reputable maker, is that high humidity could eventually cause warping of the cushion rail. The fact that you have steel-blocks, which were specifically designed to overcome this problem, should be reassurance enough that this will not be a problem.

Slate is a pretty hardy material and although it will absorb and expel moisture to a limited extent, and this in turn would be absorbed by a woollen cloth, a hot iron before playing will restore perfect playing conditions.

Have fun!

Comment

Thanks for the information I really appreciate it!!

Best regards,

Trapper

Comment

Working...
          X