don't seem to be improve in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't seem to be improve in

hi there i dont seem to be improveing much at all i play 2 hours a day my highest break is 36 in the line up its 72 i am 34 years old and i am a inter league pool player been playing about 2 1/2 years i pratice all the basics to death stance grip etc etc but i dont seem to be getting any better or have i got as good as i am going to get?

obviously there is a limit which every player will reach within his own ability,however i would think with the correct basics(stance,grip...) everyone should be capable of at least 50 breaks.so i would revisit/reasses these parts of your game.
    H.b.142

Comment

nice one thank you i will stick with the basics

Comment

I would say the same, if you can deliver the cue in a straight line consistantly, your game should be sound enough to make regular 50's regardless of natural ability.
        Do not worry too much on breaks though, try to concentrate 100% (at least!) on every shot and keep your head still
        I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

paulk:

Unless you are very knowledgeable regarding technique it may be time to do one of two things:

1. Go to a good coach for a 2hr technique session (highly recommended)
          2. Video yourself making long blues with the camera over the top pocket and covering from about 6" in front of the cueball all the way to the top of your elbow. Download Kinovea (freeware) and do a frame-by-frame analysis, note where the cue is hitting the cueball (is it the centre?) and also note during the backswing and delivery if the butt of the cue stays on the same place over the leather of the yellow (or green) pocket. In addition monitor your head/shoulder area very closely to see if there's any movement as this is the most common cause of poor cueing.

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

this is a very good advice, i need to do as well
            thanks terry and paulk!

Comment

let us know how you get on

Comment

Working...
              X