can i ever be a pro??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i ever be a pro??!

hi my dad bought a snooker table for our house , i ve been playing for about 3 months my highest break is 74 , normally i get about 40, 50 breaks every day , in line up i got 102, and im 16 years old , do you thinks i could ever be a pro ? thanks!

From that it is impossible to say, film yourself playing and post a video up and members can advise on how you can get better but the real test would be to go and play with some on the young kids coming through the ranks at the moment.

Comment

can i ever be a pro??!

3 months wow not bad going. Even with the talent it takes a lot of money to even be a pro. Travelling, practice time ie not being at work etc. good luck I'd try your luck in some local tournaments and get some coaching. Sounds like your a natural.

Comment

The short answer is 'yes'.

But there are thousands of lads like you with the ambition of turning professional. You need to be entering the right tournaments, practising the right things and making sure your technique is correct.

Without seeing you in action, it's difficult to advise further.

Tim Dunkley (World Snooker coach)
        http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Comment

thanks the problem is i live in spain and no one plays snooker here , so im only solo practicing not getting any match play

Comment

Well unless you move to England, the answer is NO
            Playing on your own is easy, you need opponents

Comment

ye i know that im was going to have another year in spain and go back because cant go back

Comment

Originally Posted by snooker2011 View Post
                hi my dad bought a snooker table for our house , i ve been playing for about 3 months my highest break is 74 , normally i get about 40, 50 breaks every day , in line up i got 102, and im 16 years old , do you thinks i could ever be a pro ? thanks!
                Did you play this from zero? I mean know nothing about cue sport Or you been social player before? If you did it from zero, I would say YES! Some people even played for years can't get 74 or 100's in line up. And coach is a must to comment on your talent.

Comment

is it full size table you have?

Comment

the only thing i ve played was a bit of pool on a 6ft table , and its the first time played on a full size

Comment

yes it is full size

Comment

3 months! I think I might just reach your standard given 3 decades!

I wouldn't dare tell you if you can or can't do it, but given 3 months you have results which are remarkable.
                        You just need to get some match play and tournaments for exposure, all the best!
                        John Lim

Targets to beat: -line up 63, 78 (Nov 2012)- -practice match 67 (Nov 2012)- -competition 33 (Oct 2011)-

Comment

ye i definitely need more match play , but thanks for the comments!

Comment

Seeing as you've started to play so late I would recommend getting a good coach to help bring the best out of you. Then you need to play some players better than you to help develop some match play experience. If all is going well you need should enter the junior tournaments but that would involve a move to England. I think the website is englishsnooker.com and there are regional tournaments for U14, U16 and U21 I think. If you prove yourself at that level I believe you can go onto the national tournaments and take it from there. If you have the ability you could possibly do it but it will be extremely difficult as you have so much lost time over the other quality junior players who have mostly been playing for years. You will have to put a hell of a lot of practice in and a coach would be essential in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                            X