will 2pc become popular again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will 2pc become popular again?

with the 3/4 and 1 piece cues dominating at the minute does anyone think the 2pc will make a comeback?

Originally Posted by lukeeyw View Post
    with the 3/4 and 1 piece cues dominating at the minute does anyone think the 2pc will make a comeback?
    Funny you should say that, since saturday i have done 3 centre joints, must have only done 5 in the last 3 years.
    Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
    Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
    https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
    S36 1LB

Comment

will 2pc become popular again?

I have a 2 piece which I've been playing with for about 7 months but I fancy investing in a 3/4

Comment

Originally Posted by trav View Post
        Funny you should say that, since saturday i have done 3 centre joints, must have only done 5 in the last 3 years.
        I guess placing the joint nearer the center of the cue would bring weight forward. Does it do anything else in terms of feel do you think? Like do you have to taper the shaft thicker to accommodate the joint, or do they come in various sizes? etc...

I sometimes get my long stubble caught in the joint of my 3/4 jointed cue, it's mad painful and rather off putting A center jointed cue would avoid that problem, and unlike some it wouldn't bother me if I could "see" the joint as I was feathering etc so I wonder if maybe I should get a custom center jointed cue made.
        "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
        - Linus Pauling

Comment

Originally Posted by nrage View Post
          ... I wonder if maybe I should get a custom center jointed cue made.
          I've experimented with 1pc, 3/4 and middle jointed cues. Joint type makes no difference to me in terms of feel. It's just aesthetics. Each cue would feel different, regardless of type. You just got to find one you prefer or get used to it.

Go for it...
          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

I've mainly played with 2 piece cues so I'm not the right person to ask but im sure the feel will be similar and much easier To transport around!

Comment

Originally Posted by lukeeyw View Post
              Hi, this would be a very good question to ask Mike Wooldridge,why don't you ask him on his Blackspin thread.
              " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

Originally Posted by nrage View Post
                I guess placing the joint nearer the center of the cue would bring weight forward. Does it do anything else in terms of feel do you think? Like do you have to taper the shaft thicker to accommodate the joint, or do they come in various sizes? etc...

I sometimes get my long stubble caught in the joint of my 3/4 jointed cue, it's mad painful and rather off putting A center jointed cue would avoid that problem, and unlike some it wouldn't bother me if I could "see" the joint as I was feathering etc so I wonder if maybe I should get a custom center jointed cue made.
                It does bring the weight forward but there is less of an impact due to the smaller joint. By smaller, I mean the brass rings at a point of smaller diameter. On some cues from the past, the single ring type might have been plastic, so there even less weight in the joint. But the centre joint isn't as stable as a 3/4 IMO. It's easy to misalign the halves.
                Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Why the trend had changed from center-jointed cue to 3/4 ?

Comment

The Powerglide wood on brass joints use to fail all the time. Worse humidity here though.

Comment

Originally Posted by Samcheung001 View Post
                      Why the trend had changed from center-jointed cue to 3/4 ?
                      In my opinion because they look much nicer than center jointed cues.

A lot will say it is because it brings the balance of the cue back, or they feel better.

I only use a 1 piece now and It feels great.

Comment

Working...
                      X