laminated tips worth the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laminated tips worth the money?

would you say laminated tips are worth the money compared to elks and blue diamonds for example?

Not a yes or no answer i'm afraid mate, have a look at all the discussion threads that cover this topic, laminated
    do generally last longer but are more expensive

Comment

which ones do you recommend?

Comment

Originally Posted by lukeeyw View Post
        would you say laminated tips are worth the money compared to elks and blue diamonds for example?
        Talisman worth it. The 11mm not the smaller ones
        Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

should I get a 11m and get it cut down then?

Comment

cause my ferrule is 9mm I believe

Comment

cause my ferrule is 9mm I believe

Comment

Yes fit the 11mm and trim it to fit. Best laminated tip I've tried are the Hercules H2 now called Bentley or something, Andrew Ramsay, adr147 on the forum sells them but they're 13 or 14mm so they take more trimming. I used them on my 8mm ferrule without a problem though, better than the talisman soft for 8 ball in my opinion

Comment

Of course , if you dont want to trim your tip , Craftsman have some 3 layer 9mm Talisman tips in stock , just fit and forget.

Comment

Yes, laminates are worth the money, they last longer, and hit better IME. Some lads cues I've retipped talk about more spin and better side; they won't be going back to single layer tips. The problem is, some delaminate if not properly cared for (Phoenix ), some don't chalk well (Talisman) and some are just expensive (Kamui, Moori). But luckily for you, there is an ideal laminate that chalks well, doesn't fall apart and is inexpensive, it's called an O'min. It's made in Thailand by the same guys who make the wonderful O'min cues, and Flame on TSF is selling them for the bargain price of 3 for £6, including postage! That's just £1.50 a tip once you take into account his jiffy bag and posting cost. I will be going back for more. They've been tested by TSF members who only spoke highly of them. And you will only need to take 2mm off, so it's an easy job. Here is the link to acquire some:

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...highlight=omin
                    Last edited by Particle Physics; 3 August 2012, 08:41 AM.
                    Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Originally Posted by lukeeyw View Post
                      Obviously a laminated tip costs more to produce but after trying several of them I went back to the trusty Elkmaster. Dirt cheap for a box of 50 in comparison to laminates and if you squeeze one in a vice for a couple of days before fitting they play well immediately.
                      So my answer would be no!

Comment

Would have to agree , although i only use laminated tips i do think some of them are overpriced , saying that i know exactly what i,m getting , consistency in every tip .

Comment

Big waste of money i will be sticking to MW super tips.

Comment

Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
                            Big waste of money i will be sticking to MW super tips.
                            Have to agree, haven't had a bad one yet, and the work you can get on the white surpasses any other tip i've tried.
                            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                              Have to agree, haven't had a bad one yet, and the work you can get on the white surpasses any other tip i've tried.
                              i have used
                              Elks......too soft (can't be bothered changing them every few weeks)
                              Blue diamond..... didn't like them at all
                              Talisman...i liked them however the hard was too hard, medium were good but a bit pricey
                              Kamui Black ..... pricier still, medium soft, couldn't get use to them plus wasn't sure i got the genuine ones, there are a lot of fakes around.
                              MW super tip.... ive only been using them for the last month, they seem very nice a bit hard but hold their shape pretty well. (i like them a lot.

Alabbadi

Comment

Working...
                              X