practising snooker help pool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• practising snooker help pool?

would you say that practising snooker drills would help my 8 ball ability as much or even better that practising pool with regards to potting and positioning?

Certainly.

Tim Dunkley (World Snooker coach)
    http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Comment

Playing/practising snooker will certainly help your pool skills. After all, if you can be accurate in potting on the length of a snooker table, you'll find it much easier to pot consistently on a pool table.

However, the different size and weight of pool balls (and especially the cue ball beinga different size to the object balls) means that the balls react with each other very differently between pool and snooker, and when I first started playing pool more seriously it took a while to adjust.

Comment

On a pool league night, I have an hour on the snooker table, to get my arm in, eyes focus, stance right, and cue delivery on; before going round to the pool table and to focus on the aspects that are unique to pool, (as Souwester said) the different wieghts and size, adjustments to the smaller table, soft shots in general, etc.
        So I definitely feel, for me that is, snooker practise is good for pool.
        But do not go the other way, pool to snooker, no no no
        Last edited by DeanH; 14 July 2012, 11:16 AM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

practising snooker help pool?

thanks for all the advice guys I'll be up to the snooker hall tomorrow

Comment

Working...
          X