Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peradon Cue with a Knot?

Hi all,
    Just looked at my new Peradon cue and saw what I believe to be a small knot.
    Could someone check out the imagine and see if it really is a knot, and should I be worried?

Peradon want me to return the cue to the store, but they won't accept it. But before I carry on down that road, should I be concerned about what I see?

Thanks everyone!
    Long days and pleasant nights.

Is it going to stop you potting balls?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old cue collector --
    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

More cosmetic this really, and sometimes only shows up at the grain filling stage, some makers wouldn't use it then, others would depends where it is on the shaft really to how off putting or noticable it is, either way nothing to worry about.

Comment

Phew!
        Thanks all. Scare over with

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
          Is it going to stop you potting balls?

i echo this, as long as the cue hits alright it shouldnt matter.

Comment

I agree with the comment "As long as the cue hits straight" however I must comment on the quality control of some of the new Peradon cues eg Awful varnish finish,Dog leg bends near tip, Tip not installed correctly with a gap under it. Very uneven Chevrons with knots bumps and other imperfections these were new cues off the shelf.

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
              I agree with the comment "As long as the cue hits straight" however I must comment on the quality control of some of the new Peradon cues eg Awful varnish finish,Dog leg bends near tip, Tip not installed correctly with a gap under it. Very uneven Chevrons with knots bumps and other imperfections these were new cues off the shelf.
              So Peradon have a lot of quality issues??

Comment

Originally Posted by nullsys View Post
                So Peradon have a lot of quality issues??
                Considering they used to make some very fine cues, yes, they really do. Living on the name and history. Obviously, they're not too choosy about the ash they select now either. Well, maybe they've given up selecting, maybe they just use the whole lot regardless. I know it's largely cosmetic, but it shouldn't be there, it's not a shed, it's a cue.
                Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

That's how I feel. It's meant to be beautiful, clean, finely crafted and most of all... Trustworthy with the Peradon name.
                  I do feel a bit disappointed.

Comment

I think even this cheap B.C.E. Ronnie O Sullivan outshines many of the new Peradons in the looks dept, its not my main playing cue but its real easy on the eye.

Comment

Hi all,
                      Just looked at my new Peradon cue and saw what I believe to be a small knot.
                      Could someone check out the imagine and see if it really is a knot, and should I be worried?

Peradon want me to return the cue to the store, but they won't accept it. But before I carry on down that road, should I be concerned about what I see? Ok ! As members have stated if it plays straight you have no problem however from past experience I know that those little imperfections can nag away at you, I dont know why but every time you pick it up your eye gets drawn to the fault !
                      If you feel you can live with it no problem ! otherwise move heaven and earth to change it, snooker is enough of a mind game as it is and you must be comfortable with your cue. "Been there done it got the tee shirt"

Thanks everyone!
                      Ok ! As members have stated if it plays straight no problem however are you going to be happy with it ?those little imperfections can be a real pain, your eye gets drawn to them and you are always aware they are there if you can live with it thats Ok ! However snooker is very much a mind game and you must be comfortable with your cue IF YOU FEEL THIS IS THE CUE FOR ME keep it ! if not move heaven and earth to change it ! I know how you feel "Been there done it got the tee shirt"

Comment

My god some of you have lofty expectations. My MW cue which I paid >£600 for has inperfections, the Glover cue I bought from Jason, has inperfections. These are the top price/quality makers... if you expect better from a cue that's 1/2 or 1/4 the cost you're having a laugh. Do they matter? No, they don't. If things like this matter to you more than how the cue plays, then that's pretty sad really.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Old cue collector --
                        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I must be very lucky I have two cues that are as near perfection as you can get a Craftsman one piece made by Dave Brown of Craftsman cues and a Mark Williams 3/4. made by Phoenix, no knots lumps and bumps just real nice chevrons maybe you cant get perfection but my cues are pretty close, and they did not cost a arm and leg.

Comment

So it is fairly common to see imperfections in cues of all brands, price range, etc?

Comment

So it is fairly common to see imperfections in cues of all brands, price range, etc?
                              When using a natural material like wood perfection is hard to achieve.

Comment

Working...
                              X