High Break Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Break Question?

In the past when I've asked for somebodys high break, they've told me surprisingly high breaks and when I ask about it, it turns out that it was on the line up or in practise? Isn't the general rule that when somebody asks your high break that you give your highest in a game not practise?

Depends what you mean by practice, practice whilst playing a opponent is legit high break in my books

Comment

Yeah I'm referring to solo practice I.e. line up or other practice routines... not legit then?

Comment

I tend to say the match break, that match is where you are playing against at someone else, whether for practise or an evening against a friend/friends or a tournament.
        I don't mention, unless specifically asked, is the breaks from solo practise, whether it be line-up, specific arrangement, random spread or a proper frame setup.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Cool that's what I thought. Thanks

Comment

I would automatically answer with a break scored in a match, preferably in competition. I might follow up with "but I've made a .. in lineup" or similar, but to me that sort of "break" isn't a real break. Breaks made in practice against an opponent, are not quite as valid to me unless your opponent was definitely playing competition level snooker vs pot everything snooker. If they're leaving you an easy opener (which can still happen in competition, it's just rarer) it's much easier to make a break because position off the first ball is so important.
            "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
            - Linus Pauling

Comment

Line up doesn't even come into my books, I can't imagine when someone asks you your highest break someone would mention a line up break as its pre-set routines.
              For me (my opinion) if someone asked me "what my highest snooker break is" (which is trying my nuts off against opponents and visa versa for my opponent practicing like i would play in a match) i could say blabla then normally the question refers then to "whats your highest in a match"

That's my thoughts about highest breaks whether its in competition or hard practice vs a player its a break you've had to produce and negotiate so credit is deserved

Comment

For me, any kind of solo practice doesn't count.

Comment

I am with you on that one, MasterBreak147.

Comment

+1,,,

Also, I tend to ask what your consistent break scoring like. Better than a one off break...
                    JP Majestic
                    3/4
                    57"
                    17oz
                    9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                    X