Snooker Exhibition, Who Would You Want To See

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Exhibition, Who Would You Want To See

We've had a Snooker pro at our club the last two year, Stephen Lee & Steve Davis
    Both were good in different ways, Lee played very good snooker and a bit of chat, Davis, snooker not as good but very entertaining.

Who would you want at your club and why?

Mark Williams, simply because of his style of play.

Steve Davis sounds very entertaining too.

Neil Robertson used to play a lot of amazing deep screw shots which would be awesome to watch at an exhibition. Competition wise he seems to play more of a balance game nowadays.

Comment

Steve Davis may not be playing to his best any more, but is a name even the casual fans will know and will provide plenty of entertainment/jokes whilst playing.

Jimmy White plays a lot of exhibitons, and having seen him play in one-on-one exhibition matches, as well as a couple of those Snooker Legends events, I can tell you he's still good enough to play well when the pressure is off. I saw him make a 147 in Redhill a couple of years ago. The difference between him and Steve Davis though is, Steve treats exhibitions as an opportunity to entertain fans whilst not having to produce your best. Jimmy won't make jokes as much, but will take the game seriously whilst having a smile of his face.

Comment

I thought there would be more replies to this

Comment

Joe Davis, Walter Lindrum, Fred Davis, you get the idea - just to see what all the fuss was/is about
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Now if we're allowing the departed, I'd like more than anything to see Walter Lindrum give a billiards exhibition.

Comment

Originally Posted by cantpotforshĂ­te View Post
              Now if we're allowing the departed, I'd like more than anything to see Walter Lindrum give a billiards exhibition.
              +1

Are there any spare tickets available . ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

It would be Cliff Wilson v Alex Higgins for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by Tred View Post
                  It would be Cliff Wilson v Alex Higgins for me.
                  I remember the 1st time I saw Cliff on TV, he was canoning a red in off another red

( during a ranking tournament !! ).

He just seemed to see these thing and not be afraid to play them . . Great entertainer . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Jimmy White and his magics.

Comment

Working...
                    X