Free ball confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free ball confusion

There was two red on the table, i did foul, then both red was snookered. Opponent nominated green ball as free ball. he played green and one of red was snookered behind green ball. but other red was also snookered with yellow ball.

Is it foul that he made snooker behind free ball green ball. But one of red was not snookered by green ball. Other red ball was snookered by yellow ball.

Is he played foul shout? if yes then i will get 4 point? or i can tell him to play again.? or i can take then free ball.

I think the snookering ball is the ball closest to the cue ball in direct line to the object ball. So depends on positions of white yellow and green balls. Give a little more info and I'm sure the experts will give you an answer. Good question.

Comment

There is no foul here. There would be a foul if all the reds were snookered by the free ball, however the other red is snookered by the yellow.

Also in the event your are snookered by both the yellow and the green(free ball), and the yellow is closer to the white than the green, then the yellow is the effective snookering ball, and again no foul.
      Last edited by 147Alexandra; 29 September 2012, 11:42 AM.

Comment

See the following thread that was posted by a senior referee, see diagram 5 which explains the original scenario you described.
        http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...-t)-do-with-it

the first thread on this subject is
        http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...f-you-have-one

enjoy
        Last edited by DeanH; 30 September 2012, 10:24 AM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Nice find Dean...... That should clear up any confusion!!
          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

I found them years ago and kept a copy of the link in my favourites.
            But maybe the moderators could make both of these sticky at the top of the Snooker Questions forum?
            ciao
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks all for reply. Now the rule is clear to me. Thanks alot.

Comment

Working...
              X