No announcement yet.

Should you own up to missing a ball ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes! if you know you fouled call it if not you've cheated, simple as that. boils my p**s when players foul and don't own up!

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
      Yes, you should always call your own fouls if missed by your opponent and/or the ref, if you do not, you are plain and simple, a cheat.
      couldn't agree with you more

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
        I don't know what the question is.

You were certain you made a foul, and when it wasn't called, you didn't say anything.

It's like double hitting the white. The ref isn't always certain, but the player is, so you'd just say straight away.

So in answer to the question in the title, yes, of course. If you make a foul, it's a foul. If the ref didn't notice, then you just say "I didn't hit that mate".

But, it's only a league game snooker match, don't worry about it lol
        doesn't matter if its a league game, friendly with your mate or the world final. if you foul you own up, cheating is cheating regardless

Comment

Should you own up to missing a ball ?

You definitely should have owned up....... Like everybody has said cheating is cheating!!
          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Had a belter the other day, chap down in amonst the balls and brushed a red with his hand. He then played the shot anyway knocking the whilte up the table (instead of leaving it bang in the balls) and put his hand up and owned up to the foul. The **** even had the never to say "I always call fouls on myself.. blah blah blah!".
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Old cue collector --
            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

There really is no point in playing snooker or any other game or sport if you don't play honestly. A game IS it's rules, if you knowingly cheat, then you're not competing, you may as well not be there.

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                There really is no point in playing snooker or any other game or sport if you don't play honestly. A game IS it's rules, if you knowingly cheat, then you're not competing, you may as well not be there.

-
                Absolutely, I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Working...
                X