Snooker question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker question

Hi i i am snookered on the yellow and do not hit the yellow ball. Now my oppenent has a free ball and he nominates blue ball for the free shot. Is he allowed to make a combination from the blue to make the yellow. Now what happens if he does not pocket yellow ball but snookers me on the blue ball would i have a free ball. maybe someone know

Yes, he is allowed to plant blue onto yellow for 2 points. Yellow stays down (because the colour can only be finally potted once) and he's on the green.

If the yellow stayed up and the blue was snookering you, that would be a foul, 4 points, and you would naturally have a free ball as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
      Yes, he is allowed to plant blue onto yellow for 2 points. Yellow stays down (because the colour can only be finally potted once) and he's on the green.

If the yellow stayed up and the blue was snookering you, that would be a foul, 4 points, and you would naturally have a free ball as well.
      Thanks a lot for information was not sure about that rule now what happens if the yellow and blue are potted on the same stroke would that be a legal shot or is this a foul shot maybe someone knows

Comment

"If the yellow stayed up and the blue was snookering you, that would be a foul, 4 points, and you would naturally have a free ball as well." - so the foul is only 4 points (not 5 points) because the blue (free ball) is treated as a yellow for that foul shot?
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post
          Thanks a lot for information was not sure about that rule now what happens if the yellow and blue are potted on the same stroke would that be a legal shot or is this a foul shot maybe someone knows
          Yes it's a legal shot, but only the ball on is scored, so it would just be two points. The blue, of course, would then come back up! (But if it is on reds, then every red including the free ball is scored.)
          Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
          "If the yellow stayed up and the blue was snookering you, that would be a foul, 4 points, and you would naturally have a free ball as well." - so the foul is only 4 points (not 5 points) because the blue (free ball) is treated as a yellow for that foul shot?
          Yes. Once you've nominated blue as a free ball, it is impossible to make a foul of 5 points because there is no 5-point ball on the table.

Comment

I think Statman has quite accurately summed it up.

Comment

I've never heard of this, learn something new everyday, bizarre.....
              :snooker:

Comment

Yes it's a legal shot, but only the ball on is scored, so it would just be two points. The blue, of course, would then come back up! (But if it is on reds, then every red including the free ball is scored.)Yes. Once you've nominated blue as a free ball, it is impossible to make a foul of 5 points because there is no 5-point ball on the table.
                Thanks Guys for the information

Comment

Once you've nominated blue as a free ball, it is impossible to make a foul of 5 points because there is no 5-point ball on the table.
                  so say you nominate blue as free ball and then hit the yellow first but then cannon (or plant) the blue into a pocket ...

I think it's a foul because I think you have to hit the free ball either first or simultaneously with another ball on (ie blue) ... but is it a foul 4 or a foul 5 ...

I guess I'm hearing it's a foul 4 but just want to be sure

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                    so say you nominate blue as free ball and then hit the yellow first but then cannon (or plant) the blue into a pocket ...
                    I think it's a foul because I think you have to hit the free ball either first or simultaneously with another ball on (ie blue) ... but is it a foul 4 or a foul 5 ...

I guess I'm hearing it's a foul 4 but just want to be sure
                    Yes, the nominated ball must be the first ball hit by the cue ball. It would be a foul (in this example foul 4 for the Yellow) if the nominated ball is not hit first.
                    And correct about the simultaneous hit, the Blue and the Yellow in this example are both "Yellow" for this shot.
                    6. Hitting Two Balls Simultaneously
                    Two balls, other than two Reds or a free ball and a ball on, must not be struck simultaneously by the first impact of the cue-ball.
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                    X