Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snooker and bodybuilding/weight training...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snooker and bodybuilding/weight training...

Thanks for your input Terrence, some good points there... I had forgot all about this thread but it has reminded me of my ongoing dilemma...
    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
      I used my Ipad to write the post above and do not see how I can edit it, I have many errors. Any tips?

Sorry for the double post!
      You mentioned nothing about the standard of snooker you play. So out of interest, how good are you?
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I didn't mention it for a reason my knowledge of the human anatomy is far greater then my knowledge of the game. My highest run is 57. Most of the time a consecutive run for me is in the 20's - low 30's per game. I joined this forum as I was looking for a cue but gained more interest as many topics seem to help me open my perspective and improve my game!

By no means do I pose to be a snooker pro as I'm extremely far from it but when it comes to exercise and how the body can perform at it's highest peak, I am very confident in this area .... Maybe too confident but I've spent many years studying this category.

Cheers,
        T
        May I smoke my pipe as well?

Comment

Cheers Terrence. Was a good read mate. Thanks for replying!
          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I have been training 3-4 times a week for about 4 years and as long as you get to the gym consistently you should be fine and it shouldnt make a difference. Now if you have a lay off the gym and then get back into it the first few weeks snooker will suffer. I remember being on a break and attempting to play a rest shot. I was so sore that I couldn't complete the movement much to the amusement of my oponent who I know well. Alot of the pros are lifting weights in the gym reguluarly these days like I said as long as you are consistent I believe it can even assist your game. I also noticed that I was strong at tricep kickbacks when i first started lifting which i believe is because of snooker it's basically like a cue action with a heavy cue .

Comment

Working...
            X