Free ball question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free ball question

Never run into this B4. Opponent scratches leaves free ball I am 2 inches behind black with 3 cherries left. If I nominate black as free ball and move it 2 inches opponent is hooked behind black for one if cherries hooked behind green for second cherry and hooked behind pink for third cherry. I know I can't hook behind free ball but in this case it only applies to one cherry of the 3! What is rule???

Snookering behind the nominated free ball is only a foul if it snookers the incoming player on ALL balls on. In your scenario the black is only snookering the incoming player on one of the three remaining reds, so this would be a fair shot.

The example I usually give to demonstrate this point is this: there are just two reds left on the table, and are tight on a cushion, as are two colours. The order of the balls is red, green, cue ball, yellow, red. It is perfectly acceptable to trickle up to either green or yellow. If the player trickles up behind the green, then the green is snookering the incoming player on the red behind it, but not on the one behiund the yellow, and vice versa. The two balls on are being snookered by two different balls not on rather than the nominated ball snookering the player on all reds, so it is NOT a foul.

Comment

Thanks I had 2 people disagree with my thoughts (that it would not be a foul) so ended up nominating black sinking it with shape for black and ended up winning frame but I like your example. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zappafan69 View Post
        ...sinking it with shape for black...
        sorry but what does "with shape" mean?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Free ball question

Position on the black

Comment

so "with shape" is "position"?
            I was thinking something like "swerve" or "spin" to then get the position back to the black.
            [I think I can work out what "cherries" are I think not to mention "hooked" ]
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Sorry "shape" and @cherries" may be uniquely Canadian terns Terry whose played at The Annex where these abominations occur would understand! I better not confuse the issue with mention if "stuff" and "juice" !!! Just kidding thanks again for responses

Comment

Working...
              X