Foul&Miss after Ball in Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foul&Miss after Ball in Hand

As per DT's commentary earlier, what would happen in the situation where a play with Ball in Hand then subsequently Fouls, what are the options and what about (DTs specific question) having the Cue Ball replaced?
    Thanks
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

If a player is in hand and commit a foul, then what happens next depends on whether the cue ball was on the table at the time of the foul. If it was then the next shot must be played from where the cue ball is (or comes to rest). If it is off the table, then the next shot is played from in hand.

If a player plays a miss, having been in hand, and the non-offender asks for the balls to be replaced, then the ball must be placed exactly where it was, as it is after any miss. The player must play from the same position, and is no longer in hand.

Comment

thanks for that
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Do you know what happens if my opponent was to 'miss' then cue ball proceed to go in off. What are my options then?
        I can a) play from in hand D, but can I still ask opponent to play from original position in D because it was in off, or can he play from anywhere in D. Logically it is from original position in D .

Comment

Originally Posted by brazil70 View Post
          Do you know what happens if my opponent was to 'miss' then cue ball proceed to go in off. What are my options then?
          I can a) play from in hand D, but can I still ask opponent to play from original position in D because it was in off, or can he play from anywhere in D. Logically it is from original position in D .
          The options after *ANY* foul are:

1) play yourself from the position left (in this case from in hand)
          2) ask your opponent (the offender) the play again from the position left (ie in hand, in this case)

In the case of the Miss, you have the additional option of asking for the cue ball to be replaced to the original position (in this case, the exact position within the D from which he played the first stroke).

In your scenario, you need to be specific in your request to the referee.

Comment

Working...
          X