Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to cure the 'kicks' problem. The answer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can we buy this lubricant in the UK???

Comment

I think that kicks are caused by grease build up on the bed cloth. Confirmation of this would be that when we treat our table and use clean match balls, it takes about 9 or more frames before the kicks start to occur. This is what we are finding every time we play. As we never practise until we have a good clean table setup!
      Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
      https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        Very interesting, I can understand that the lubricant fills the tiny pits so makes the balls rounder(for want of a better expression) therefore decreasing friction , but you then go on to say you don't miscue because the chalk on the tip penetrates into the pits so it gives grip, would microscopic parts of chalk not stay lodged on the ball, and then possibly build up,negating the roundness achieved by the lubricant ? Or could this be the reason it has a limited lifespan.
        This tells me that the phenolic resin that the balls are made of just cannot be polished to give a smooth enough surface, unlike the super crystalate that went before where kicks were only caused by dirt or chalk on the balls.
        Brand new balls straight out of the box, on brand new cloths should not be a problem, and indeed were not until these bloody phenolic resin balls were introduced.
        They are quite frankly not fit for purpose.

Comment

Working...
        X