Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
    Perhaps a nudie run too
    I've promised to do a streak in the club next Sunday if I win!!!! Not sure I will actually go through with it though!!!!
    You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by fred.england View Post
      I've promised to do a streak in the club next Sunday if I win!!!! Not sure I will actually go through with it though!!!!
      Just make sure you hold your cue in the right position . . .

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Just make sure you hold your cue in the right position . . .

Hahaha. I will. The missus told me to wear a thong!!!!! OMG I just cannot imagine me in a thong!!!! Certainly a quick way to empty the club in about 10 seconds!!!! A slightly rotund, baldy, scouser running round Scotty's snooker club would be enough to frighten everyone to death!!! Haha

Comment

Maybe a skin coloured thong with two red balls on the front . . .

LMAO!
          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

Maybe a skin coloured thong with two red balls on the front . . .

LMAO!
            Now that would be a laugh!!!! Is have to be full if rum'n'coke to even consider it. But anything is possible when a few Morgan Spiced have been devoured!!!! Lol

Comment

Now that would be a laugh!!!! Is have to be full if rum'n'coke to even consider it. But anything is possible when a few Morgan Spiced have been devoured!!!! Lol
              Just don't have too many before the match

Comment

Just don't have too many before the match
                Just water before for me.

Comment

Another 6 hours yesterday with loads of rest in between. I feel I'm getting as ready as I will ever be. Day off today (the boss moaning) ah well, Wednesday afternoon, Thursday evening, Friday off, Saturday all day, then the big one on Sunday! I think my preperation has been spot on so far. I've taken advice off here and it has really helped. Loads of drills, solo practice, coffee and ciggy breaks (thanks Terry lol). It's all falling into place now. But it seems that as this is likely my last ever snooker tournament, there are about 100 of my friends and family are coming to watch *gulp*. It's a good job we have a big match room to accommodate them all. I really cannot wait for Sunday now. Whilst I was practicing yesterday in our match room there was an older guy watching through the glass! I've since found out it is my final opponents best mate!! I was just playing safety exchanges so not much to watch though!!! But he must be worried if he is spying on me eh!! Haha,

Peter Williamson (top scouse ref) has agreed to referee the final for us as well! Top guy Peter as he is in Leeds all week for the world amateur billiards tournament and then flies away on holiday on Monday. To give up his valuable time for our annual knockout shows you his love for the game. Thanks Peter.
                  I will bore you all to death with another update on my practice on Wednesday evening!! Lol

Fred
                  Last edited by fred.england; 22 October 2013, 04:24 AM. Reason: Fat fingers

Comment

Another 6 hours yesterday with loads of rest in between. I feel I'm getting as ready as I will ever be. Day off today (the boss moaning) ah well, Wednesday afternoon, Thursday evening, Friday off, Saturday all day, then the big one on Sunday! I think my preperation has been spot on so far. I've taken advice off here and it has really helped. Loads of drills, solo practice, coffee and ciggy breaks (thanks Terry lol). It's all falling into place now. But it seems that as this is likely my last ever snooker tournament, there are about 100 of my friends and family are coming to watch *gulp*. It's a good job we have a big match room to accommodate them all. I really cannot wait for Sunday now. Whilst I was practicing yesterday in our match room there was an older guy watching through the glass! I've since found out it is my final opponents best mate!! I was just playing safety exchanges so not much to watch though!!! But he must be worried if he is spying on me eh!! Haha,

I will bore you all with another update on my practice on Wednesday evening!! Lol

Fred
                    Keep at it!

The boss moaning eh. I get that too. "you're always at the club . . . " LOL

100 supporters sounds great. Don't think of it as added pressure, but rather 100 people sending you good vibes. How can that be bad?

If the mystery man comes back just wave and smile a lot!

Comment

Keep at it!

The boss moaning eh. I get that too. "you're always at the club . . . " LOL

100 supporters sounds great. Don't think of it as added pressure, but rather 100 people sending you good vibes. How can that be bad?

If the mystery man comes back just wave and smile a lot!
                      Cheers mythman,
                      I quoted in an earlier thread that I really dont feel pressure. I have a pre-match routine that I've followed for years and it seems to work for me. In my semi final, a mate decided to open a packet of crisps (no idea of snooker etiquette), I didn't hear a thing but someone had a right go at him!!!! I just turn off to everything going on around me. The "spy" made me chuckle to be honest!! He must have watched me for 20/30 mins!!!
                      As for the boss!!!! I've arranged a sneaky phone call off a mate for some practice! A bunch of flowers and some choccys should soften the blow!!!! Lol

Comment

Cheers mythman,
                        I quoted in an earlier thread that I really dont feel pressure. I have a pre-match routine that I've followed for years and it seems to work for me. In my semi final, a mate decided to open a packet of crisps (no idea of snooker etiquette), I didn't hear a thing but someone had a right go at him!!!! I just turn off to everything going on around me. The "spy" made me chuckle to be honest!! He must have watched me for 20/30 mins!!!
                        As for the boss!!!! I've arranged a sneaky phone call off a mate for some practice! A bunch of flowers and some choccys should soften the blow!!!! Lol
                        LOL. Maybe I should follow your advice too. I am playing in the club championship at the moment and trying to practice loads down at the club. I won my first two matches but have to play the second best player in the club next (should be close) and if I win that then I need to beat the 8 time club champ in my next match to get into the final. I am not sure I can beat him but I will try my best and hopefully play as well as I can on the day. If I beat him then I should be able to win the final. Still, I think I need another year of practice to beat him so my goal is to try and win next year. So lots of practice needed and probably some flowers and chocolate too.

Comment

LOL. Maybe I should follow your advice too. I am playing in the club championship at the moment and trying to practice loads down at the club. I won my first two matches but have to play the second best player in the club next (should be close) and if I win that then I need to beat the 8 time club champ in my next match to get into the final. I am not sure I can beat him but I will try my best and hopefully play as well as I can on the day. If I beat him then I should be able to win the final. Still, I think I need another year of practice to beat him so my goal is to try and win next year. So lots of practice needed and probably some flowers and chocolate too.

Best of luck in the tournament my friend. Just go for it and enjoy yourself.
                          When I entered our annual comp I really didn't think I'd get this far. Since my diagnosis, I feared my snooker would suffer but it's actually had the opposite effect. Mainly due to having far more time on my hands (and regular medication) I've been practicing so much. I tell myself exactly what you quoted mate. I just want to play my best on the day. If he beats me then so be it. I don't mind being beaten, as long as I've given a good account of myself!!

Comment

Best of luck in the tournament my friend. Just go for it and enjoy yourself.
                            When I entered our annual comp I really didn't think I'd get this far. Since my diagnosis, I feared my snooker would suffer but it's actually had the opposite effect. Mainly due to having far more time on my hands (and regular medication) I've been practicing so much. I tell myself exactly what you quoted mate. I just want to play my best on the day. If he beats me then so be it. I don't mind being beaten, as long as I've given a good account of myself!!
                            Thanks for the best wishes! Right back at you mate!

Comment

Another boring read for you all!! Lol
                              6 hours practice tomorrow with my favourite practice partner. THE most negative player in the world. He certainly gets my safety game on song. A good mix of safety with the odd long attempt with more drills should do the trick. 4 days and counting!!!

Comment

Hi all.

Had a great day today with the most NEGATIVE player ever to grace our glorious game. I shouldn't knock him as he really does get my match head in place. I'm going it alone tomorrow as recommended by so many of you. I'm struggling with long straight(ish) pots at the moment. I seem to be hitting the OB thin which tells me I'm delivering the cue with a slight right to left action resulting in un-wanted right hand side. My son videoed me from behind my delivery and it seems I may be twisting my wrist ever so slightly which could be the cause of me missing so many long pots? A bit of trial and error tomorrow will hopefully rectify this problem. When I'm in amongst the reds I feel really confident and my positional play is really coming together well.

I apologise again if I am boring you all to death with my incessant rambling about my practice but as its a forum, why not eh?? I'm sure that many of you see my username and just scroll right past (cant blame you to be honest) haha.

I will leave you all alone tomorrow and keep quiet for once.

Thanks for not reading my post folks,

Fred
                                Last edited by fred.england; 23 October 2013, 10:44 PM. Reason: fat fingers

Comment

Working...
                                X