• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and here

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
      not bad break here

I don't know of any other player that could have scored a break as high as that with the balls in that position. His positional ball control and ability to work out a table is borderline supernatural.

Comment

What Ronnie has is genius and an exceptional ability to not only sight the ball and map the table very quickly but he can put the cue ball where he needs it and work around things that go astray without thinking about over hitting it slightly or under hitting - bad bounces kicks and the like - he just stays in the present stays in his vibe - routine and gets on with it.

Most players are nowhere near that level and many amateur players like me are often troubled by bad position which in turn upsets their natural rhythm - Here is a few simple practice routines I do myself to improve my confidence and position around the pink.

Comment

here is another - working on these helps me stay in a rhythm

Comment

Here is an example of how to do it from the guy himself Buzzzzzzin

Last edited by Byrom; 17 March 2014, 11:08 PM.

Comment

I love watching these breaks around the pink spot. Pretty much every professional can score heavily with the black on their day, some even on their off day, but when the black is tied up it gets more selective. Ding Junhui doesn't seem to have a problem using the pink, he had a great break just recently but I can't remember what match it was in. O'Sullivan is a real master of these situations as well. :smile:

I always thought Stephen Hendry was one of the best at this as well, even in his later, less competitive years. Here is a master class of breakbuilding around the pink spot. Starts around 2:30 and continues in part4. :smile:

Comment

Working...
              X