Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do pro snooker players do each day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
    Thanks Alabadi, this is very interesting to know.
    So some pros skipped their lunches and practise? is there a canteen in the academy for food / beverages?
    Who does Ronnie , Selby etc guys practise with, do they play each other?
    There is a canteen but i haven't seen any go there, there is a little kitchen where they can make a cuppa if they want.
    Peter Ebdon brings in his own food, as a vegan it consists of fruits and vegs, which he blends into shakes and drinks it.

about Practice Ronnie plays with Ebdon and sometimes some of the chinese Players. Selby too plays the Chinese i saw him once practicing with Lyu Haotian, these days Igor Figueiredo is in the academy he was practicing with Ding last week.

Comment

Selby comes to our club at least twice a month to play Wakelin.

Comment

Depends on where the pro lives as well. If there are several top players locally then they can practice together more frequently.

Matt Selt has taken on board Hendry's advice to practice alone, so he hardly ever plays anyone anymore.

Mark Davis plays Jimmy Robertson fairly frequently because they both play in Bexhill, but also practices alone for 10-15 mins at a time, then deliberately sits down for 10-15 mins to go 'cold', in an attempt to mirror match play where he may be sitting in his chair watching a top pro clearing up.

Jimmy practices with Zack Richardson a fair bit, and also makes trips to Essex to play Hawkins, Trump, Bingham etc.

I don't believe any top sportsman stays where they are or better yet improves by being lazy. You reap what you sow.
        I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

I think the most important aspects are what is going on in your life away from the table.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
            I think the most important aspects are what is going on in your life away from the table.

Bang on the button....happy at home and you will thrive. if you cannot keep a very high concentration level on the task at hand your game will go to pot.

Comment

Lower rank pro:

- cellar work in the club, bottling up etc..
              - brush and iron the tables
              - practice for 5 or 6 hours
              - go home for some dinner and a nap
              - evening work behind the bar at the club

Comment

in the Stuart Pettman book (As Sometimes Seen on TV) he mentions he would practise all morning and after lunch, other pro would come to him for practise matches, or he would go to others. of course at this time he owned the club and had all the other distractions like demands from the local league team and biscuits!
                if any one want a copy of the interesting insight of a pro at that time - give me a shout
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                X