No announcement yet.

Black Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not rocket science eh, simple addition of points.
    If the black ball is the only ball on the table, then obviously the points difference is <= 7.
    If < 7, whoever pots the black wins the frame, whoever fouls the black, loses the frame.
    If = 7, if the player in front fouls it, black is respotted as the scores are then equal, if the player behind fouls it, end of frame.

Comment

I remember overhearing a couple of old gents at another table.
      They had obviously had a close game and the Black was the only ball on the table; Player A was the loudest with his "knowledge" of the game" and I heard him say after he had fouled the Black "ok you have more points now but you still have to pot the black to claim the frame" ?!?
      Player B shrugged his shoulders and did a cocked-hat-double pot :biggrin:
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Here you go, fast forward to near the end
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf9lF1ZiEHA
        "Where's the white going?!" I forgot Virgo commentated on it and it's the best 'where's the white going' ever.

Cheers JRC. The 'Chinese' comments from Allen and his WS fine were still quite raw at this point so for this to happen against Yupeng was karma. He pots the black and bigs himself and the crowd up which made it even worse when the cue ball dropped, haha. I do like Allen though, he's a character. Shame WS gags the players.
        Last edited by Master Blaster; 12 March 2015, 12:07 PM.

Comment

unless its a league match and aggregates are used, the frame ends if you're 8 up with only the black on, doesn't it?
          #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Yes, the striker can claim the frame if the difference is more than seven points in his favour after the pink has been potted. Hence ROS tried to claim the frame at 140-0, without playing the black, a few years ago, because he was unhappy that there was no prize for a 147. Jan Verhaas persuaded him in the end to come back and pot the black for the 147.
            Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Working...
            X