Place to play in blackpool (urgent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place to play in blackpool (urgent)

Very late notice to myself but I'm going to Blackpool for 4 days tomorrow. Will have lots of spare time to myself and wondering if there's anywhere I can have a knock around. Won't have my own cue but as long as there is a rack cue with a tip on I will be happy. Does anybody know anywhere? I'm staying near the tower. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Danny

When you get there have a stroll around and look out for club or if you'll be driving get some postcodes of clubs in the area to put in a sat nav. Try and take your own cue though or at the very least take chalk, some sandpaper and superglue. Nothing worse than finding a rack cue that feels great but has a knackered tip or the club only has blue chalk or even no chalk which is about the same as only having blue chalk.

I do enjoy visiting snooker clubs in other towns as I like the feeling of solitude from not knowing anyone and there are less distractions. On the sea front would be even better.
    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Unfortunately I can't take my cue down as I won't be travelling from home there. I always have chalk with me wherever I go so that's not a problem. Only want to knock a few balls around for a few hours to pass some time. Drawing blanks on google for clubs in Blackpool though. The working men's clubs I have found are members only.

Comment

First hit on google was Q's snooker club.

I typed in 'Blackpool snooker club'.
        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I remember there being a good club right on the promenade by central pier. I'm talking 25 years ago! �� I remember that you had to go down a few flights of stairs as it was underground. It may well have been near the tower come to think of it. I went there when i was 15. That's when I spotted it. Very much doubt that its still there, would be a real shame!
          Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
          https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Working...
          X