Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much space do you need for a pool or snooker table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a 6 x 3 foot pool table (most pub tables are 7 x 4 btw)

The absolute ABSOLUTE minimum room you will need (internal measurements) is 15 feet by 12.5 feet. That is an absolute minimum.

Anything smaller and you'll just be putting a bit of awkward furniture into a room.

Comment

If you're got to fit one in regardless you can skew the orientation of the table so it's about 20-30 degrees off-straight. It'll make the small amounts of shots that you take from the two corners that are close to the wall harder but give you full cueing room on all of the others.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
        For a 6 x 3 foot pool table (most pub tables are 7 x 4 btw)

The absolute ABSOLUTE minimum room you will need (internal measurements) is 15 feet by 12.5 feet. That is an absolute minimum.

Anything smaller and you'll just be putting a bit of awkward furniture into a room.
        I see where your coming from pottr, I'm not too fussed about being able to play games, it'll be used as something for me just to practice things like applying side, simple positional shots etc. I cant afford to go along to the club to stay there for hours on end on my days off or in the evenings practicing the many things that I need to work on.... Time can also be an issue. The spare room I'm talking about is empty or at least will be in the next week or so, apart from a massage table that can be removed easily when needed. If I was planning on having the lads round for beers and games I know it would end up like this http://youtu.be/jCTJeaDHaB8
        My thought is, even if I can't get the use of the full table surely practice is practice? It might be a daft idea but I remember when I was young, my mate had a tiny garden but didn't stop him getting a set of goals and having us round for a kick about. Make the best of what you have is all that one can do. I'm a realistic person and know that it will be very far from an ideal setup. One day I'll have a proper set like yours or some of the other ones I've seen here
        :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomperty View Post
          If you're got to fit one in regardless you can skew the orientation of the table so it's about 20-30 degrees off-straight. It'll make the small amounts of shots that you take from the two corners that are close to the wall harder but give you full cueing room on all of the others.
          This is what I'm thinking, it'll never be in the same place I guess, would probably need to be moved to get full reach when practicing different shots/zones on the table. Ben liking for photos of small setups people have used but there doesn't seem to be many folk daft enough to try it....

Comment

Trust me... If you can't use it properly, it won't get used at all after a short time.

I could put you in touch with 10/15 or so pool mad players who have been through the same experience...

They try to squeeze one in and get frustrated with it.

Comment

Trust me... If you can't use it properly, it won't get used at all after a short time.

I could put you in touch with 10/15 or so pool mad players who have been through the same experience...

They try to squeeze one in and get frustrated with it.
              Thanks for the advice pottr, given me something to think about. I can score a catalogue type table for £0 to see what it fits like, I'm convinced enough at the moment that its not gonna work, but thanks to my very stubborn/look for a way nature I can never say never. If your into something that much you'll give almost anything a try... My hopes aren't high though.

Comment

That's a great idea, if you can get something for nothing then by all means, give it a go.

Comment

That's a great idea, if you can get something for nothing then by all means, give it a go.
                  Cheers man, I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong but sometimes you just need to try absolutely everything before admitting defeat eh
                  I maybe should have mentioned first that I could get a table to try out..
                  Whether it works out or not I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks again for the input.
                  Last edited by haggishunter; 3 February 2016, 03:14 PM.

Comment

haggishunter, you need a MIP table. See link http://www.snookerheritage.co.uk/nor...lliard-tables/
                    I remember Roger Lee exhibiting one of these in the Heritage Room at the Crucible a few years back. I'm not sure if it was from his personal collection or quite likely from the Norman Clare Museum in Liverpool.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
                      haggishunter, you need a MIP table. See link http://www.snookerheritage.co.uk/nor...lliard-tables/
                      I remember Roger Lee exhibiting one of these in the Heritage Room at the Crucible a few years back. I'm not sure if it was from his personal collection or quite likely from the Norman Clare Museum in Liverpool.
                      That looks interesting, weird concept but that would be ideal! Might be a job getting a hold of one though by the looks of it...

Comment

Working...
                      X