One piece or 3/4 cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
    OK, I have got the picture, a few manufacturers now only let you test out 3/4 cues though. I've never really tried out a newly built single piece one, but the old ones I've tried do feel nice even though they've been cheaply constructed compared to the 3/4s I've played with.
    Who is that then ??
    One piece cue all the way for me, feels far superior imo, plus never ever have any loose joint issues to think about

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Who is that then ??
      One piece cue all the way for me, feels far superior imo, plus never ever have any loose joint issues to think about
      One cue manufacturer in reality, it was Cue Craft when I tried out about 7 or 8 cues from them. All good cues with different feels, but not a single 1 piece to try out.
      Last edited by VillaGuy; 15 December 2016, 11:28 PM.

Comment

One cue manufacturer in reality, it was Cue Craft when I tried out about 7 or 8 cues from them. All good cues with different feels, but not a single 1 piece to try out.
        I take it that was in the shop,It seems very strange, you weren't playing sword fights with them or anything were you
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

No, it was from a fella who made the cues in Lincoln, we went to a local club to try them out, privately organised thing. I was young at the time, so wasn't my planning and at the time I guessed that's how all cues were made

Comment

I'll need a 57'' then, thanks for the advice. What percent of pros play with a single piece does anyone know? There aren't a great deal of club players that use them, usually the players that have been playing the game for a long time use them though.
            Pro cues that are 1pc:
            top16 10-6 62.5%
            17-32 2-4 (10 unknown)
            33-128 18-13 (65 unknown)
            not sure if this helps at all
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              Pro cues that are 1pc:
              top16 10-6 62.5%
              17-32 2-4 (10 unknown)
              33-128 18-13 (65 unknown)
              not sure if this helps at all
              Helps us realise you have too much spare time

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Helps us realise you have too much spare time
                don't have to tell me, I realised this sometime ago, but just can't stop..... argh!
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

But good top 16 stat

Comment

One ,two or three piece cues its still down to how it feels to the user.. I like 3/4 style but that's only my choice..

Comment

1pc if your cue is always at the club you play at. Otherwise it is too much of a hassle to move around.
                      These pro players...well, some of them drive 2 seater sport cars. Can't imagine how they would transport either 1pc or even 3/4 pc. They must have assistance.

Comment

I play with a 1 piece, it fits in my backseat taking up all space as it needs to be placed on a 45 degree angle to fit. I always wanted to play with a one piece but was not ready to pay the shipping fee that is much higher than a 3/4 cue. I jumped on the one I have because shipping costs were free and the price was fair. I like it, I can play well with jointed cues but prefer my 1 piece. Cheers
                        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                        X