Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this cue any good?

http://www.topcue.co.uk/shop/product...e1749177c0dc7c

I recently got this, i can't adapt to it 'cos im sooo use to my old cue...

hello m8 the cue is not really any good, the finish on it will be laquered and varnished so i think you should get a trevor white cue for £350

Comment

im my opinion, your best bet is to invest into a good quality cue, int the end most people will only use one cue for the rest off your life, so to spend between 300 - 400 is nothing when you think that it will last a life time.

many of the cheaper cues, as mentioned will have a lacquered finish meaning the cue will become irritatingly sticky during games, thus people result to sanding the cues, which in truth ruining the cues. All the cheaper cues tend to use cheaper quality wood meaning you dont get the same feel and the shots as you would with other cues.

I am not saying all cheap cues are crap, i believe ken dorethy spent £20 on his cue from his snooker club, and look where he is. I all honest truth, you will never be a good player until you are happy with what you got, many people get into the habit of blaming there cues, this thus effects them as a player as they get to dependant on blaming poor technique on the cues. Most hand made cues are excellent quality, and you can trust that these will give you the best qulaitys in the cue you require, and if you need them made to a certain size, shape, weight etc... it can be done, where as most advertisied cues are made to bog standard stats.

If you are happy with having that cue, then as long as your happy and confident you can achieve what you require in snooker from it then its a good investment, but in my humble opinion you will never look back if you did invest the money into a top spec cue, made to your stats.

If you do, my best advice would be to see Trevor White, i am currently having a cue made by him now. He is a very honest block, and will tell you what you need to know. All the best

Comment

Thing is Boxy is only 17 lives virtually next door to a snooker club and plays in it 6 days a week day and night so presumable he has no job as yet. £300 or so for a top knotch cue may well be beyond his budget especially having blown £75 on that one. His only complaint with his old cue was the sticky feel which he now knows how to solve. Till he's played with a few cues with varying specs and tried different tips he's not going to know what suits him best. so i'd say hang back for now get your old cue smooth and concentrate on your game. Try as many cues as you can and get to know what suits you best then before buying another. Same with women really, one day you'll find one you may want to settle down with for life.

Not advisable imo though women are nowhere near as dependable as a good cue

Comment

re-sell it on ebay to get some money back

Comment

yes re sell it its no good

Comment

K thanks. Is there any on there that are decent? Or does anybody know any other decent sites?

Comment

www.handmadecues.com

Comment

Working...
                X