first player to win all 9 ranking events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first player to win all 9 ranking events

Has anybody won all the ranking events on the professional tour?. How many? Who was the first?

Hendry won five ranking events plus the B&H Masters and the Scottish Masters in during the 90/91 season. No one else come close to that.

Comment

hendry has won all the titles at one time or another though?
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

What is meant by all 9 ranking events? The present ones?

There were a few dozen ranking events before, like The Dubai duty free classic, The british open, The Professional Players tournament, Matchroom Trophy, European Open, Mercantile Classic, German Open, Thailand Open, etc, etc.

Apart from that Hendry did not win at least:

The China Open, The Northern Ireland Trophy, The German Open and The Shanghai Masters. His winning list is much longer, so I made it myself easy

Comment

yes this is not an easy question to answer because they have changed so often!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

id imagine drchris meant has anyone held/won all ranking titles in one season (however many there was in that particular season)

and id imagine the closest anyone came to it was hendo, as mentioned by hege....

Comment

Parrott and Davis came very close too I'm sure of it.
              "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

Originally Posted by elvaago
                Parrott and Davis came very close too I'm sure of it.
                Would it be smart arsey to say that anybody who won the World Championships back when that was the only ranking event managed this feat?

Comment

Originally Posted by chasmmi
                  Would it be smart arsey to say that anybody who won the World Championships back when that was the only ranking event managed this feat?
                  i wouldnt say so, but

the opening post suggests during a season of recent years where theres several ranking tournaments, only not knowing that in the last few decades the amount, and what ones are ranked have changed lots of times, so folk are explaining that its hard to determine exactly, but can go on recent decades where theres been multiple ranking events and roughly a similar amount, or close to, each year. IMO

Comment

It will be very diffucult to beat those records, now it's hard to win even 2(!) tournaments at one year!
                    2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                    2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Working...
                    X