• Show
Clear All

• Snooker Sucess

How do big players become a sucess in snooker

I am 14 and i have been playing for a year now

My biggest break is 22 where i cleared up from the brown

My biggest break whilst reds are in play is about 18

Is there still time for me to become a sucess and maybe make it to the top

And have any of you got any tips for how i can practise , i have a 1/4 size snooker table which i put up in summer and i play snooker with my grandad every saturday on a full size table

I can't really play on a full size table for practise routines and i am hoping i can get more snooker in and do practise routines

Any advice

Thanks

Hey, just hang in there... I don't think it's ever to late to get good at snooker...

I'm not a genius, but I have also been playing for about a year.

You could try practice on the line-up, where you place the colours on their spots and place the reds in a line down the center of the table... Then you pot a red then a colour and a red and a colour...This is a great practice when it comes to learning how to control the cue ball.

(I have attached a pic of this... )

Have you ever read the book "Snooker Masterclass" by Stephen Hendry? It's really great and gives you lots of examples on how to practice and stuff...

You could also just practice on potting the colours from their spot. But you have probably tried this one...
    Attached Files

Comment

Whats your biggest break

I don't know how i am going to become world class as i only get to play for about 3 hours a week

Do you think i am too old to start striving for the very top

I want to play now

Comment

Stephen Hendry got a 50 break within a month of picking up a cue

Comment

... and his first century within a year !

Comment

What are all your best breaks

And how long did it take you to get them

Comment

Hey, It's never to late... Especially not when you are just 14 years old. Hendry started playing at the age of 12... So you should have a fair chance

It all comes down to practice, practice and practice... and then of course having the flair for playing snooker. But it looks like you have that

Do you go to any competitions?

Comment

No

To be honest i dont know where to start looking for them and i am worried that i need more practise before entering one

What breaks should i be getting with practise practise and practise after playing for a year then ( although i dont get alot of practise )

What is your highest break ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sonny
                  Stephen Hendry got a 50 break within a month of picking up a cue

That's impressive... but how many hours did he put on a table in that month?

I think time at the table is probably the most important factor in becoming any good. I don't think you can expect to get anywhere near to top with less than 3 or 4 hours a day every day.
                  Peter-Dave

"The man in black fled accross the desert, and the gunslinger followed"

Comment

I don't wanna talk about my highest break

Not before it gets better... I'm working on it

Comment

So what can i do to start playing snooker seriously

Should i enter competitions at my level of skill if so where

Comment

Hmm.. I'm not quite sure...

You don't know anyone who can give you advice and take a look at your play? What about your granddad? what does he say?

Comment

What one i have two that i go with

One doesnt say much

The other who was a good snooker player in his day ( he played a young stephen lee ) said that i have good potting ability and i have enthusiasm but i need to work on break building and the positioning of the white

So what do you think

Comment

Practice... That's the only advice I can give you. You need to learn how to control the cue ball... That's very important...

But again... I'm not a genius myself

Comment

What breaks would you say i should be making before entering a competition ?

Com'on tell us your best break lol

Comment

Working...
                              X