No announcement yet.

Why do you watch Snooker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love snooker because it's got the skill, sportsmanship that so many sports don't have, and erm did mention that the players are quite dishy in their dress suits

Comment

Many aspects I would agree on have already been said above.
      Primarly I watch snooker as a sport; a classical man against a man battle with all its ups and downs, brilliancies, failures, victories and dramas. Hail to the ancient roman cladiators
      Since I have picked up the cue by myself some years ago, there is also a technical interest in it. How is he able to do that? The stance, the grip, the preliminaries and so on.
      Having met few of the professionals ads still something on it; hey you know this guy, lets hope he wins.
      All in all, watching snooker is a great entertainment
      Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

I also agree to what has already been said. I like the atmosphere, the way they dress, no one shouting for hours like at a football match and of course I watch it because of the players! Hey, let´s be honest: I´m just a girl and there are players who are really handsome (don´t get me wrong: I don´t have a crush on anyone of them )
        ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

for me it's especially the patience and the concentration that thrill me. of course it's fantastic to see people like ROS clear the table like in no time. but that's just one little part that adds up to the genius of the whole game for me.
          I adore safety battles. when you feel the tension of a frame building up, and still the guys around the table stay calm, focus and just play one smart shot after the other, leaving their opponent in a trickier situation every time... for me that's better than any thriller. especially since I lack patience as well as concentration. not to mention that I often am able to see were the balls should go but have no clue whatsoever how that could be achieved -.-

I adore a hell of sports but snooker has this classy element no other sport can present. and it gets even better when you are sitting next to the table. when you can literally grab the tension that fills the hall, when you can see every little frown on the faces of the players. when you see the shiny balls just some meters away from you, can hear the faintest noise of anticipation, appreciation or disappointment from the crowd. that's pure entertainment. and if people say, snooker is a sport without profile and characters, he or she simply didn't get into it.
          "It's a massive achievement getting to the world final, but all I did was winning four snooker matches." Mark Selby

Comment

I have watch snooker on television for a long time now and still look forward to every tournament.I like to watch it alone,it's all that has been said here allready but above all it's the way the BBC makes it and off course the perfect commentators.Love the rainy Sunday-afternoons with a good match in prospect.

cheers,C-J

Comment

Agree totally, it's the skill and the gentlemanly approach of the players. It's a combination of a skill and mental strength

Comment

Originally Posted by samasnookerfan
                And which kinds of matches do like watching the most? Do you prefer watching quick matches with players like O'Sullivan? Admire the masterful breakbuilding of Stephen Hendry? Get engrossed in tactical battles with the likes of Ken Doherty? Enjoy the exhibition shots that Mark Williams pulls off?
                I don't have a preference. I like watching Peter Ebdon just as much as Ronnie O'Sullivan. I'm the kind of person that could sit for hours watching two grinders and not get bored! Dennis Taylor has often mentioned in commentary that he finds the tactical frames just as exciting as a century. I'm the same.
                2009 & 2010 UK Championship Fantasy Game Winner
                2011 China Open Lucky Dip Winner

Comment

Working...
                X