Another 'big' tournement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 'big' tournement?

To me its the tournements with longer matches that bring out the best in the players.
    Does anyone else think they should replace two little tournements for another big one?
    It would mean one less country to play in, but the long matches give more of a story, and give a player that falls behind more of a chance to come back.
    To me its tough but i'd vote for another big tournement.
    Any thoughts?
    'I'm nuts,' - Ronnie O'Sullivan

id rather change one of the smaller ones to a bigger one, and so have both, but with one increased

Comment

I agree with Semih here. There aren't too many tournaments on the top level, but too few. Perhaps it would be a good idea to increase the number of frames per match in the Welsh Open (considering where it is on the calendar).

Supporting (with cash or expertise) a couple of smaller non-ranking events so that they can take the step up to the top level might be a possible way of creating a new ranker.
      Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

I disagree. Why replace any of the tournaments? Why not add another in September - so that there isn't such a big break like it was this season between Shanghai Masters and Grand Prix? Could be a tournament with longer matches. And also I think it's a shame there isn't a ranking event in Malta anymore.
        ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

id rather have the same amount of tournaments as is just now, but have the match distances increased, than creat one more, with the same "short sprints"

Comment

Working...
          X